Fancy A Share In A Jumper With Hen And Terry?

Yes, after at least three dead and several injured at Stratford and Plumpton today, Shadz, you may be grateful to see him not run for once.

I see he is declared to run on Sunday in a 2m 6f handicap chase at Towcester (his half bro has been in good form lately so hopefully that will be a good omen).
Best of luck everyone.

Under Sunday's jockey as well.

Interesting that he goes straight against seasoned chasers (albeit exposed ones) rather than the novice handicap route.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Oct 26 2007, 02:10 PM
You didn't look in the formbook did you HS? He's already won at Towcester....
I'd forgotten that! so he did. All the better - let's hope for a repeat performance
Shame Cemgraft banged herself last week silly moo, or I'd have been there to cheer you on!

I should mention that we talked to a few trainers when choosing a stable for Dream Alliance some three or 4 years back (we bred him ourselves ). The trainers we considered included Twiston Davies,Philip Hobbs , Hen Knight and a couple of smaller yards.

In actual fact Hen turned us down (I believe at that point Best Mate's success was allowing her to pick and choose ) so I must say that I get a perverse sort of satisfaction every time DA finishes in front of one of her entries.

The horse has been with Philip now for 3 and a half years and we are thrilled at his progress. I wonder what Hen and Terry will think when we win The Hennessy next Saturday !

I would hope that Hen and Terry would both be thrilled for you, gordhogg. Best of luck with Dream Alliance - sounds like you have a great horse there.

Can't say I'd choose Hobbs over Hen, but there you go!

I wouldn't be too harsh on Hen Gordhogg, in Best Mate's heyday everyone wanted horses with her, she only has so many stables to go around! It also has to be remembered that her first vacancies go to her established owners.

Good luck with the horse, at least it looks like you won't have Mr Pointment to worry about in the race! :P

Looks like Bally Conn runs at Lingfield today? Best of luck to all the connections. :clap:

In the 2.40 !! :)

shame - just managed to watch race but made this blunder and that was it by looks ? weather looks dreadfull. Sorry for all the BallyConns !

shrug::

Not even sure he actually hit the fence ~ jumped very ponderously at it and didn't fancy the chase afterwards. Pity as he'd travelled and jumped fine to that point. He's a frustrating beast to be sure.

I see he was sold to Martin Hill for 8k yesterday.
Martin has done very well with some of his recent purchases from the sales (Apex and Ryedale Ovation spring to mind) so it will be interesting to see how he gets on with BC who has had a soft palate op.

Back