Films

Departed was ok up until towards the end. The ending was awful. Complete mess.

This is England was superb. Sensetive and non judgmental. (you can imagine Ken loach making a preachy goodie/baddie mess out of the whole thing)

Shane Meadows again gets terrific performances out of his cast and again doesnt waste a frame. Most talented director from these isles in a a very long time

I thought it was funny how the first National Treasure, despite being a pretty blatant rip-off of the Da Vinci Code, was infinitely more enjoyable than the film version of the latter.

Da Vinci code was an immense disppointment, for a book that moved so fast the film was turgid.

I watched The Departed last night, agree completely with the above, what a messy ending, lets just shoot everyone and hope that works - it didn't!!!

still over 6 months to wait too!!!

Heath Ledger really looks to have nailed The Joker, an unbalanced pure psychopath, I can't wait for this film

I am Legend takes $75 Million in 3 days, best ever December opening, it beat Return Of The King

Watched I Am Legend on Sunday night. Strange film and definitely over-hyped.
Watched We Own The Night last week which was quite good, but on a theme of "The Departed". Only saw Pan's Labyrinth for the first time last night on film4. Didn't know what to make of it.

Originally posted by betsmate@Dec 18 2007, 08:36 AM
Yay another Batman. I can't wait for Superman 8.
Superman 6 and 7 still to come yet, although the last one was basically a remake of the first, complete with dialogue stolen line for line, Batman Begins was an incredible take on the origin and the next one looks even better

I watched To Kill A Mockingbird last weeked, a film I haven't seen since I was at school. It's an excellent film and one I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.

I don't know whether you are being serious or not ovverbruv.

I just watched Satan with Vincent Cassel - crazy film.

Originally posted by Triptych@Dec 21 2007, 10:46 PM
I watched To Kill A Mockingbird last weeked, a film I haven't seen since I was at school. It's an excellent film and one I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.
To Kill a Mockingbird is one that gets aired regularly in the Orchid household. Superb film.

In the last few days I've watched The Searchers, In the Heat of the Night, Harvey and The Bishop's Wife (my 5th Yr class watched it in French and loved it!)

I'd recommend any of them to ayone who appreciates good cinema.

I agree about Batman Begins. Thought the original Tim Burton one enjoyable but the cheesey campness increased from film to film (and with director) and I found Batman & Robin utterly unwatchable. (Hell, who didn't!).

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 22 2007, 04:27 PM
Possibly the best trailer ever

Was looking forward to seeing it after your comments...thought the trailer itself was a bit disappointing. Nothing better than a good trailer...

Best trailer ever? Has to be LOTR :The Two Towers for me..

The Two Towers

And the other two trailers were class as well:

General Trailer For Books 1-3

The Fellowship

The Return Of The King
"The defences have to hold"

"They will hold"

Love that scene between Gandalf and Aragorn, you can see him start to realise his destiny as the King, understated confidence.

All 3 films had incredible trailers, although the fact that the films themselves are awesome probably helped!!!

I watched Pans Labryinth last night and was hugely impressed. Very engaging, beautiful to look at, and thought provoking.

Those Franco supporting troops were pure evil.

Back