Forum horse connections

Thanks all!

Norbit as he was known here was always a very nice-looking colt and a real steal - Paul T bought him in utero for 1500 gns! I paid nothing for him as I kept the mare and foaled her as per our usual arrangment and we sold him for £8K. He was a February born, too, which obviously helps. We have his ISHIGURU half sister in the field and she's an extremely good-looking filly too.

Of course, that comes from the dam, as Troods will of course tell you, as she now has PETROVNA as a much loved pet - albeit a useless one!!

He went through the ring twice - once as a foal then again as a yearling where he didn't even get one bid. My partner, Paul Thorman, looked at him and said he couldn't see why he hadn't even got one bid, so no idea on that but he's looking good value now...

7/16 and prominent until 4f out, so presumably you'll be quite pleased with just the second outing, RO? Hopefully back home sound and well.

A half brother to Glencove Marina topped the DBS NH Breeze Up Sale at Kempton and was the impressive winner at Huntingdon
The third leg of the treble came at Huntingdon where Kind Of Easy, who topped the DBS NH Breeze-Up Sales at Kempton 2009 when selling to GH Bloodstock for £70,000, won the concluding Bumper by two lengths. The half brother to the Grade 1 winning Glencove Marina was offered for sale by Kennycourt Stud and was racing for the second time, having finished close to the winner in a Grade 2 Bumper on his debut. He showed a good attitude to battle his way to the front in this latest contest and is an extremely exciting prospect when sent novice hurdling next season.

Better cast than we imagined and couldn`t handle this pace. He schools brilliantly so better luck when they have to jump hopefully.

Well done, Flame, for a very gutsy 3rd from IT'S DUBAI DOLLY at Yarmouth yesterday. She held the rail very well (good ride) and was outdone only by two much bigger male horses - the winner dwarfing even the second, so an extra good showing by the little lass.

Since when did Flame buy It's Dubai Dolly?

He's got a runner at Nottingham tomorrow though, Pakutchekhalfjdskghasdfklhasfhsfgkha or something like that?

:o Oops! Well spotted, Monsieur Poirot - you 'ave been using ze leedle grey cells more than I have! I got a bit confused with the number of horses he's got with Alastair Lidderdale and seemed to think she was one - which she ain't. Still owned by the executors of the late Mrs Cox. I think Mr Cox is still extant, though, so nice for him.

Coolagad wonder runs in the apprentice race at 7:00 in Dundalk.
He is unexposed and should win. It is an apprentice race though so I won't be backing him.

Did you breed him, Sheikh?

In the 6.00 at Wolves, there are farm pals CARNIVAL DREAM and BLACK DRAFT contesting. I co-bred the former with Songsheet and she bred the latter. 'Bonny' and 'Reggie' to their chums!

I wondered, because when I looked him up, there's no reference to the breeder on the RP site. He's favourite by their online data. I won't be backing Bonny or Reggie, either!

Anyone know about Goresbridge Breeze-ups - possibly next month at Tipperary? I ask because I phoned Ciara Murphy, wife of Jim/Redpender Stud, to see how the colt foal I sold them in November 2008 was doing. He's apparently going there to breeze, his prepper being very pleased with him. He's by MAJESTIC MISSILE - DANETIME OUT (unraced mare). I also sold them the dam i/f to PICCOLO, and she produced a filly for them, and subsequently a colt by CAPTAIN RIO, with whom they're very pleased. She was a nice, strong, well-made mare, not raced mostly because, having been bought, her owner did nothing with her! So, if anyone will be down that way, I'd love to know what you think of the 'little man' as the Murphys call him!

Coolagad wonder runs in the apprentice race at 7:00 in Dundalk.
He is unexposed and should win. It is an apprentice race though so I won't be backing him.

Saved a few bob there, he bounced and he followed lads going too fast anyway, usual apprentice stuff. No one died.

They did go a fair old lick, so it's as well the rider just let him coast down the final straight, Sheikh. Nice wee horse, he clung to them bravely on the turn, I thought. As you say, no-one died, which is always a bonus!

They did go a fair old lick, so it's as well the rider just let him coast down the final straight, Sheikh. Nice wee horse, he clung to them bravely on the turn, I thought. As you say, no-one died, which is always a bonus!

Just watched it again, the young fella didn't go too fast actually as the ones he was with finished fine where as he was beaten 2.5 furlongs out.
He was bouncing at home but clearly the race just 6 days ago after such a long lay off left him tired.He ran a bit too keenly too. He'll win a small race somewhere over the Summer.

Back