Forum horse connections

Cheers guys. Look for him settled out the back with the aim to pass as many as we can in the straight. Delighted to see French Opera and Green Belt Elite come out.

good luck dj - thought french opera was the real standout horse so him out should really help you.

Sincere wishes that he's not too bruised - so very sorry to get in and see the result. He's a charming wee horse and that was a mean bit of luck.

Yes. We've probably been a little guilty of over-facing him to be honest which is unfair on the horse given what a servant he's been to us. The trouble is, he's very good when he's on the right stride, but the fall was very similar to Sandown in that he doesn't seem to know what to do when he gets in too close. He's bruised a little but he should be okay and we'll either look to find a soft maiden or novice for him or maybe go back over hurdles with him when he tells us he's recovered.

Really pleased to hear he's okay. Probably wants a bit of TLC and some extra carrots, please! Bless - sweet fellow. Your plan sounds fine, DJ, just to get his confidence back a bit.

Plan to run both Ballyvesey and No Panic at Chelt this week. I have promised to watch one of my boys play County rugby on Wed so terrified I am going to miss my first Chelt winner ,despite having had some seconds and some beaten jollies.

Probably won't have time to post in the next couple of days after tonight so Coordinated Cut goes on Weds for the 3yo trophy at Newmarket. He has wintered well and hopeful of a good run although there are other targets to be aimed for so his season won't be left behind in this race. Michael Bell likes him although thinks he needs 1m 4f already, the ground should be perfect as he has a beautiful action and needs it good. On Thursday Strong Vigilance goes at Ripon providing the ground is decent. I watched him last week and he didn't do a thing so who knows what might happen, he definitely has talent but whether he is more interested in looking handsome than racing is the issue. Having said all this I think it may be the racecourse where we see the best of him i guess we will see.

Probably won't have time to post in the next couple of days after tonight so Coordinated Cut goes on Weds for the 3yo trophy at Newmarket. He has wintered well and hopeful of a good run although there are other targets to be aimed for so his season won't be left behind in this race. Michael Bell likes him although thinks he needs 1m 4f already, the ground should be perfect as he has a beautiful action and needs it good. On Thursday Strong Vigilance goes at Ripon providing the ground is decent. I watched him last week and he didn't do a thing so who knows what might happen, he definitely has talent but whether he is more interested in looking handsome than racing is the issue. Having said all this I think it may be the racecourse where we see the best of him i guess we will see.

Best of luck with him Kauto - looks a pretty good race with the ground likely to be on the fast side.

Did I hear right the other day that your Monitor Closely is out for a while?

Well he had to have his knee operated on again as wasn't quite right. He's back horse walking again and will be reassessed again in a couple of weeks but will be given all the time he needs. Hopefully he will be alright I guess we will have to wait and see.

Plan to run both Ballyvesey and No Panic at Chelt this week. I have promised to watch one of my boys play County rugby on Wed so terrified I am going to miss my first Chelt winner ,despite having had some seconds and some beaten jollies.

Which one would you be most afraid of, Roddy?

I have a small share in a coupe of horses to keep me interested.
SUE PRINCESSE is in training with Rory Tierney down in Cork - she has won a couple of races in tramore and we had a nice day down there last April when we backed her at 33/1 in the morning :).
CAPTAIN CHINNYBERT is in training with Paul Magnier in Newbridge and we hope he makes his debut soon. Big bugger for a 4yo and will probably go straight over hurdles.

Slight change of plan for Captain Chinnybert and he makes his debut in a 7F maiden at Naas on Saturday if his work is ok today. He had a good blow after his last piece of work but is getting there. Looks a very decent Maiden so hopefully he runs ok and improves a bit from it.

Subject to the ground, FAREER will go for either the Bet365 Mile at Sandown on 24th (Grp 2) or a Listed at Ascot on 28th. If he performs, he'll take up his Lockinge entry.

He apparently worked very well this morning.

He's definitely getting good chances, and hasn't been throwing them away. Very exciting stuff, and good news about your mares i/f, too, Songy.

Last edited:
Have they moved him from Ed Dunlop? :D

Please don't rub it in, dj - unfortunately, breeders don't often get to choose where their homebreds go! He wouldn't have gone there had I had a say and he most certainly wouldn't have run on good to firm, at Goodwood, on his debut!!! And on good + ground thereafter as a 2yo....

But there, dem's de breaks and the colt has done OK so far, in spite of niggles...

Guys 'n' gals - is there any chance of us perhaps seeing some nice photos of your progeny, please? (Okay, pedants, your mares' progeny!) I'd love to see some of the foals or yearlings being offered.

Back