Forum horse connections

Simpson Millar will run in the 2.50 today at Wolverhampton. It is a 5 furlong Seller and he will wear blinkers for the first time in public. He has tried them a couple of times at home and Noel Wilson thought he did get use to them the second time. The race itself is a stakes race i.e. not handicapped so he will be carrying more weight than if it had been a handicap. We cannot be that confident but Noel is convinced he is suited by the shorter distance and that at home he has performed better than Pavers Star who has won fairly recently. So a small each/way bet I suppose with a few prayers thrown in.

Simpson Millar runs again today in the 4:00 Redcar but I haven't received any info on his well being. Another syndicate member told me the trainer thinks he didn't have a run yesterday.

No Panic goes at MR today and will be doing his best. Tom expects a good run . He`s getting older and hard to place but on his day with a fourth in the Scottish GN and a second at Galway he`s run with credit. Probably go pointing if he gets touched off

I was involved with Syndicates way back in the 80s and 90s...namely White Horse Racing Syndicate run by Tom Marshall,and Muse was our best performer (ironically the name of my favourite band this century) then Gymcrak run by Gordon Holmes and Public Praise was our best NH performer though we had a couple of Gymcrak horses on the Flat who did very well,then finally Elite Racing Club though I was merely one of thousands there !

My father used to say "owning a car keeps you poor"....I have since changed that to "owning a racehorse keeps you poorer" !! (unless it turns out like Arkle or Frankel etc)

Still great fun and memories,however !

I was involved with Syndicates way back in the 80s and 90s...namely White Horse Racing Syndicate run by Tom Marshall,and Muse was our best performer (ironically the name of my favourite band this century) then Gymcrak run by Gordon Holmes and Public Praise was our best NH performer though we had a couple of Gymcrak horses on the Flat who did very well,then finally Elite Racing Club though I was merely one of thousands there !

My father used to say "owning a car keeps you poor"....I have since changed that to "owning a racehorse keeps you poorer" !! (unless it turns out like Arkle or Frankel etc)

Still great fun and memories,however !

Appreciate your wisdom although I have been in it quite a while myself. Not in syndicates though

Last edited:
Looks af if we will go with Buachaill Allainn in the grade one hurdle Saturday at Chelt, the coming rain might even help but he has a great chance. Should come up that hill like a train. Anone fancy a drink after look me up

Hodgson our new grey will run earlier at Uttoxeter and will be trying of course.

Great name by the way, Roddy Owen..and as I'm sure you know Bobby Beasley is one of the few jockeys to ever ride the winners of the Gold Cup,Champion Hurdle and Grand National !

Got our game little fella Vincitore going in the x-country chase tomorrow, no great expectations, bit of a fact-finding mission.....just hope he and Claire come back safe.

Vincitore and Claire were pushed the wrong side of a marker by a certain young Irish amateur, hence the reason for him pulling up so abruptly. He was towards the rear but still going well within himself when it happened. Claire said it was a deliberate act....wouldn't want to be Mr. Mullins when she catches up with him.

Last edited:
I am hoping to have an article published on the subject of owners betting within the rules of racing. I already have comments from a trainer/owner and am looking to gather some quotes from an owner/punter if anyone would be kind enough to help me with this. I have 3 questions I would like to ask and if I can quote you on these I may be able to complete the article and possibly have it published somewhere.

Regards
Alan

Back