Forum horse connections

Our tough little warrior Vincitore goes in the amateur chase at Sandown today. The course suits, though could have done without the overnight rain. Has a better chance than his current odds of 20-1 would imply -- the "P" last time out stands for "pushed off course".

Un Guet Apens is declared for the novice chase at Wetherby. Not the ideal track or distance but needs must!

Good luck lads!

William Butler is due to run at Barbury Castle on Sunday in the feature Mens Open - he's up against some very decent rivals in the likes of Baseball Ted, Mahonia, Midnight King, New Alco, Nobby Kivambo, Offshore Account, Pastek, Peplum, Rave The Brave, Shindler's Prince, Start Royal, The Sliotar and That's Rhythm amongst others - the course should suit him better as it's much more of a galloping track and we've got Will Hickman booked to ride again :)

Sadly missing it for Navan tomorrow and Tatts Farm p2p on Sunday but got our fingers crossed for a big run.

Martin

Hoping his chances improve with me not being there Reet ;) - there's 28 in there so chance it could divide but there'll be easier races in the Spring :)

Good luck lads!

William Butler is due to run at Barbury Castle on Sunday in the feature Mens Open - he's up against some very decent rivals in the likes of Baseball Ted, Mahonia, Midnight King, New Alco, Nobby Kivambo, Offshore Account, Pastek, Peplum, Rave The Brave, Shindler's Prince, Start Royal, The Sliotar and That's Rhythm amongst others - the course should suit him better as it's much more of a galloping track and we've got Will Hickman booked to ride again :)

Sadly missing it for Navan tomorrow and Tatts Farm p2p on Sunday but got our fingers crossed for a big run.

Martin

Oh please let him beat Pastek..... ;):whistle:

Disappointed with Vincitore the other day. For the first time, he declined to make any effort when asked. Finished with his ears pricked, and in the words of the trainer, was "just taking the p**s". A set of blinkers and a professional on board next time.

Trying again today with Cross of Honour at Fakenham....last race before his mid-winter break. Excellent prize-money once again, and hopeful of a big run.

Last edited:
Backed him on the strength of that mention!thank you and well done Michael.I didn't watch the race but watched the market on betfair,thought my chances had gone as he went big at the end then the price plummeted.well done though

Congratulations, Michael, he did well to get up on ground he didn't appear to like. Richard Johnson certainly earned his fee!

One of my best ever days as an owner. Horse had so many negatives to overcome...hated the ground, unsuited by the course, made a noise again, only novice in the field...jumping less than perfect yet showed a great attitude when Dickie got serious with him after the 2nd last.

Earned a holiday now, plus wind op. Back in the spring for the bigger prizes!

Raise The Beat runs in a 1m4f maiden at Dundalk tomorrow night. No idea what to expect. He will come on for the run. Billy Lee rides.

Raise The Beat runs in a 1m4f maiden at Dundalk tomorrow night. No idea what to expect. He will come on for the run. Billy Lee rides.

Was looking at the card and came on here to see what the story is. Now I know the story is "put the lads on the forum away".

Last edited:
The story is he's hardly run all year and there's not much point running him in the muck, so Dundalk, if he takes to it, offers a useful outlet.

Back