Forum horse connections

Great prize-money on offer at Fakenham today and hoping to pick up a bit of that with Cross of Honour in the novice chase. On paper we should only finish 3rd behind the Nicholls and Henderson pair, but with Noel on board he'll be ridden with a lot more constraint today and we know he can jump.

Yes but Nicholls horse has the possible bounce factor to contend with and Hendersons horse has to prove his fall L/T/O has not affected his confidence so I think you have a better chance than you think :lol: Good luck Michael.

Yes but Nicholls horse has the possible bounce factor to contend with and Hendersons horse has to prove his fall L/T/O has not affected his confidence so I think you have a better chance than you think :lol: Good luck Michael.

You might be right.....you never know! At a time like this I'm prepared to clutch any straw on offer!

Very satisfied with that. Very slow early pace and couldn't quite match the pace of the two principals when the heat was turned on between the last two fences...might step him up to 3m next time. Lucky to get 2nd, but that's racing.

I run Peachez tonight at Wolves and I expect her to win.

Chris, so unlucky! Fantastic ride from Amy, and dug me out of a big big hole with a large place bet on her, ( although the hole would have become the size of Ben Nevis if she had hung on for the win ;) ). Thought she going to hang on till about 30 yards out.

Last edited:
Very satisfied with that. Very slow early pace and couldn't quite match the pace of the two principals when the heat was turned on between the last two fences...might step him up to 3m next time. Lucky to get 2nd, but that's racing.

Very satisfied with that.

Rightly so, I'd say, I doubt Fakenham plays to his strengths.

My friend's horse Push The Trigger makes his rules debut at Bangor today. He injured his tendon in a point to point in the spring, but fingers crossed has made a good recovery. I helped get him fit before he went to Charlie Longsdon's, and he gave me the feel of a good horse, though he's big and only 5 so has some strengthening up to do.

I know Charlie thinks a lot of him, and Noel Fehily said he schooled well. We have fingers and toes crossed for a big run, though it looks a good little race. More than anything I hope he comes back safe and sound.

Vincitore is entered in the 3m handicap chase at Haydock tomorrow. Only 7 declared & he likes small fields. Claire Hart takes off a valuable 7lbs.....she gets a good tune out of him. But wouldn't want the ground to deteriorate further and the forecast is anything but good.

Whatever happens, we can be guaranteed a good lunch at Haydock!

Un Guet Apens runs tomorrow in the 3.50 at Ayr. A handicap hurdle to get him started.

Un Guet Apens runs tomorrow in the 3.50 at Ayr. A handicap hurdle to get him started.

Is this a hat-trick attempt? :) Best of luck.

I saw that he was also entered this weekend in a chase, at Carlisle. His hurdling days might soon be over?

OTB is currently nursing a gargantuan hangover, which probably explains the multiple posts, Arthur. I know this, because I was out on the lash with him last night, and feel like I've been eaten by a wolf and sh*t over a cliff.

Un Guet Appens will definitely go novice chasing, and the outing over hurdles is to ensure they get a run into him as he is apparently very gassy at home. I think another Carlisle novice might be on the agenda towards the end of the month, if all goes well tomorrow.

Un Guet Appens will stand-out a mile tomorrow, due largely to the hideous green-and-purple silks that OTB selected as his colours (I think he may also have been hungover when he picked them). A bold, front-running performance is expected.

Change of colours tonight as stuck on 13 winners for a while - hoping Copper Dock can hit a place in the wide-open 6F handicap tonight. This run should leave him spot on for NTO after an interupted last couple of months.

the outing over hurdles is to ensure they get a run into him as he is apparently very gassy at home

After your night on the beer Mrs Grass might have similar comments to make.

Back