Forum horse connections

Was expecting a lower price - that Mullins horse is far too short given its had a break since October and no recent runs on all weather. Good luck mate

Thanks for the good wishes, there are at least two good ones in the race and one or two dark ones. I'll be going each way myself.

Yes, I thought it was a good run as well. There's no doubting the quality of the horse in front of him but I'm not sure about those behind him, given Cairdin underperformed and Sword Of Honour seems to be a shadow of what he was.

It was the winner's first time to see starting stalls on a racecourse, so I suppose his moodiness can be forgiven on this occasion. It didn't stop him from running very well.

William Butler is due to make his third start for us tomorrow in the SEHC Mens Club Members race at Charing assuming there's no overnight rain. The ground is probably a bit on the soft side for him but there's a few decent horses entered so we'll see.

Martin

William looked great in the paddock and it was all going very well until he managed to part company with the jockey at the second fence.

He did a couple of laps of the track riderless and came home third ;-)

Horse is fine bar a cut behind his knee and we'll look for something in around a months time :)

Martin

He must be a willing sort if he went around twice on his own. And maybe a bit thick as well. :D

Better luck next time out.

More hopeful than confident about Vincitore at Doncaster today. On the plus side he's had a wind operation since his last run, will wear blinkers for the first time and will have a professional on board for the 1st time this season (cynics might say that in our desperation we'll try everything, and they might be right!).

The downside is the ground. He's essentially a spring-ground horse & conditions have been all against him this winter. But he's in great form at home and overdue a run.

Good luck Michael

Our syndicate has taken a short lease on a horse called Carbis Bay who is entered at Kempton on Friday and Uttoxetter on Saturday (2.15). He is extremely unlikely to get into the Kempton race but very likely to run on Saturday.

Simpson Millar very likely to run at Lingfield next Tuesday (weather permitting). His first attempt over hurdles - hopefully he will settle and come back in one piece.

Back