Forum horse connections

There's a huge difference between 'not trying' and 'don't knock him about'. It is very unlikely that any horse is 100% right in shape, physical and mental, every time it runs.
It is even more unlikely that trainers are 100% sure that any horse is 100% right. If you care about your horse you don't wa nt a jockey really laying it down if the horse is not up to it on a particular day. Even more so if the horse has had a recent fall.

I had a good look at him yesterday, he is an attractive sort. Althletically built rather than strongly built. Thought his run was 'eye catching'. The lads in the parade ring where a good looking bunch too :-)

Master Flight runs in the novice handicap chase at Taunton. Was a top pointer 2 seasons ago but has been plagued with injury. Much, much better than his lowly mark of 71....will be fit and expecting a big run today.

Always galling to be beaten a neck, still looked green and ran about a bit on the run-in...the omission of the last fence didn't help him. But very encouraging given his injury record and long absence. We've still got an extremely well-handicapped horse to go to war with next time, hopefully on better ground!

I had one beaten three necks into fourth place last week Michael. Unheard of. But he runs again tomorrow , at Fakenham so hopeful for better things to start the year for Hodgson. Happy new year everyone

I had a good look at him yesterday, he is an attractive sort. Althletically built rather than strongly built. Thought his run was 'eye catching'. The lads in the parade ring where a good looking bunch too :-)

I hope you're a better judge of horses than humans, Sheikh, because otherwise there's no hope for our Razor.

Good luck tomorrow, Roddy.

Getty runs in the 3rd race at Ayr today. Very testing conditions with more rain expected during the day.

Hodgson running in the Sussex National today and should have a decent chance . I`m off shooting to Devon after the rugby this morning so can`t be there unfortunately. Bloody goodish prize

Raise the beat going to do the business ?

I'm hopeful of a good run but it won't be easy beating the front pair and a few others lurking about. He'll obviously strip a bit fitter than his first run on the track which came after a break but he has to improve 15lbs to win which is a tall ask. But he should be on the premises with a bit of luck. Fingers crossed. Looks like it will be a nasty evening.

Back