Forum horse connections

Takafol goes in his first handicap at Catterick tomorrow. Should have come on for the last time but we're having to run him over 5 furlongs because there's no 0-65 6 furlong race for him.

Poly Rock still set for the Land Rover Bumper at Punchestown. Working nicely but who knows, he might not even be Mullins' best.

Ran a cracker Archie...just happening that stride too quick for him..looks a sure fire winner over 6f

Ran a cracker Archie...just happening that stride too quick for him..looks a sure fire winner over 6f
Catterick is quite a quick 5f anyway so we were pleased to go close. He's eaten up and pulled out sound this morning so that's good.
It hadn't cropped up before but that's only his fourth race and the first time he's been put under pressure and asked to go past. He ducked away from the whip a couple of times through greenness and hopefully he'll have learned a lot. Hopefully the handicapper will leave us eligible for 0-65s but definitely 6f next time you'd have thought.

Catterick is quite a quick 5f anyway so we were pleased to go close. He's eaten up and pulled out sound this morning so that's good.
It hadn't cropped up before but that's only his fourth race and the first time he's been put under pressure and asked to go past. He ducked away from the whip a couple of times through greenness and hopefully he'll have learned a lot. Hopefully the handicapper will leave us eligible for 0-65s but definitely 6f next time you'd have thought.

Archie. Bring him to Cork to lock horns with Apache and have some fun; the place needs atmosphere I am told !
Best of luck with him.

We've decided to let Bay of Freedom take his chance in the Champion Bumper at Punchestown. Scared of the four year-olds with the (very generous) weight allowance but he worked better than ever yesterday so we are very hopeful of a good run. A number of horses are doubly entered so the field (currently 15) could be down to 10-12 by race time. I will be providing updates on the website http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/

Nice run Archie. Plenty to look forward to.
Hes lame this morning, must have just clipped himself. He would have sluiced up. Sean should have a few at Warwick today . Back on the trail
Thanks Roddy, hope he's right again soon. Couple of nice winners for Sean today.

We've decided to let Bay of Freedom take his chance in the Champion Bumper at Punchestown. Scared of the four year-olds with the (very generous) weight allowance but he worked better than ever yesterday so we are very hopeful of a good run. A number of horses are doubly entered so the field (currently 15) could be down to 10-12 by race time. I will be providing updates on the website http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/
Good luck Paul.

Cheers Dan.

Good news:
All set for Punchestown with flights, car park and hotel booked.

Bad news:
Poly Rock now a non-runner. He's been working very well but came off the gallops lame yesterday. Seems to be a minor stress fracture so 6 weeks box rest, 6 weeks on the walker and try again early autumn. Frustrating but Supreme Horse Racing have offered me a free share in another horse until Poly Rock runs which is a decent gesture.

Best of luck all.

I'm feeling eternally positive about Did You Ever tomorrow at Parham - there's 10 in the race so hoping only 3 or 4 others declare.

They've been watering but ground is likely to be good to firm which should suit and run well here before so fingers crossed.

May have some news on another horse I've hopefully bought into soon.

Martin

Cheers Dan.

Good news:
All set for Punchestown with flights, car park and hotel booked.

Bad news:
Poly Rock now a non-runner. He's been working very well but came off the gallops lame yesterday. Seems to be a minor stress fracture so 6 weeks box rest, 6 weeks on the walker and try again early autumn. Frustrating but Supreme Horse Racing have offered me a free share in another horse until Poly Rock runs which is a decent gesture.
Bloody hell Archie sorry to hear that. Hope he has a quick and smooth recovery
Looks as if we might come home from Chelt with Minella Daddy to join the corrall.

Wow Roddy some army you're building. All the best with the purchase. I'm no good with pedigrees but I see Fleminsfirth and Old Vic in the immediate family so I'm assuming he'll stay very well.

Looking forward to it Roddy. The jumps fixtures just thinning out now but I like the Aintree meet on the Friday middle of May.

Last edited:
Yes so do I but I especially like Market Rasen in July for the Summer Plate and hurdle. I usually have my birthday there and we,ve won it a few times now.

Good meeting that Dan - improved hopefully by the P2P bumper that's on the card now.

Did You Ever was second on Saturday - the fav PU sharply but thankfully was sound post-race and we were closing on the winner at the line (15l down 2 out, 7l down at the last and beaten a length), only two finished but hoping he can go one better next Monday.

Got both Did You Ever and De Waiting Game in at Northaw and Aldington on Monday, preference is for the latter.

Best of luck with BW Roddy.

Martin

Yes so do I but I especially like Market Rasen in July for the Summer Plate and hurdle. I usually have my birthday there and we,ve won it a few times now.
Yes agree with you there. Something about that meeting especially when the weather is nice. Good quality horses and competitive jump races which are always welcome.

Whatever you decide for him good luck.

Good meeting that Dan - improved hopefully by the P2P bumper that's on the card now.

Did You Ever was second on Saturday - the fav PU sharply but thankfully was sound post-race and we were closing on the winner at the line (15l down 2 out, 7l down at the last and beaten a length), only two finished but hoping he can go one better next Monday.

Got both Did You Ever and De Waiting Game in at Northaw and Aldington on Monday, preference is for the latter.

Best of luck with BW Roddy.

Martin
Agreed Martin. The bumper is always a nice race with some good types on show. Good luck with your runners, hopefully they can just go one better.

Back