Forum horse connections

Cork abandoned ?

The usual waterlogging problems with that track, I guess.
(It's been raining heavily all morning here in Co. Cork).

I'm happy enough with my treatment by Supreme Horse Racing that I've agreed to take a small share in a couple more:
Airlie Beach - 5yo mare due to have her first run in the next few weeks. A Shantou half-sister to decent Gigginstown horse, Valerian Bridge.
Cadmium (Fr) - 3yo who finished 4th in an AQPS race at Vichy recently. Met with trouble but still finished only 4 lengths down on a horse that apparently fetched £300k. 16-2 hands already and will be given a short break before going hurdling later in the year.
So, that's the 2016 Triumph and Champion Bumper (Poly Rock) taken care of plus the 2017 Mares' Hurdle. :cool:

Takafol runs at Redcar today. Having decided that he needs further, they've gone the whole hog and upped him to a mile. Fast Charlie and Stellaire will be tough though.

OH!

Stellaire is my only bet today :)

Ed Walker has been doing well with his 3 year olds she ran well enough to suggest there's a race to be won with her.

Takafol has cost punters plenty and finds nothing in his races.

Fast Charlie has a bit more gong for him as he does tend to run on a bit better than Takafol but he doesn't look a fast ground horse to me.

Stellaire to beat Fast Charlie is the way I see it.

I think the theory is that Takafol has had to use too much petrol early on by having to go faster at 5 furlongs than is desirable. There are milers in the pedigree so who knows.

Fast Charlie is rated higher but hasn't run for 6 months. Stellaire wasn't unfancied on debut and they are travelling a fair way. If she has learnt from her debut she'll be hard to beat even though she'll probably need further in time.

Hard to win but you'd be disappointed to be out of the 3.

Back