Forum horse connections

Takafol put up to 67 but runs off 64 at Musselburgh tomorrow. A sharp 5 furlongs but modest opposition. Probably won't carry my money at the likely odds.

A respectable run, archie. Will she be going over hurdles next or sticking to bumpers?
Patrick thinks she'll win a bumper and I believe they'll keep her going for now. He said that he was probably too far back when it became a sprint at the end but it was her first run so he was never going to flog her to finish a couple of lengths closer. She's a half sister to The Listener so likely to improve over a trip.

Takafol was disappointing on the face of it but they've always had him down as wanting 6/7 furlongs and yesterday's race over a fast 5 furlongs was probably better than the previous race at Catterick. Probably look for something towards the end of May.

New horse Thady Quil makes his UK debut in the opener at Newton Abbot tomorrow. Second in both his Irish points, beaten 10 lengths by the highly-rated Hawkhurst who was sold for £200k at the Brightwells sale. Will be pleased enough if he's in the first three tomorrow -- the Hobbs horse will be a warm favourite and deservedly so.

Just bought into an ex-Irish pointer with Andrew Pennock in Suffolk. A friend of mine already has horses with him so bought part of a Kalanisi 6yo called Mister Serious who finished runner-up on his British debut at Fakenham last month.

He had two starts in Ireland for Donnchadh Doyle and he should go to Dingley a week on Saturday.

Martin

Best of luck Michael.
I hope you googled the name and realise the significance of the name and of the ballad.
All together now
" For Rambling, for roving, for football and sporting
For drinking black porter as fast as you fill
In all your days raving you'll find no one as jovial
As the Muskerry sportsman, The Bould Thady Quill "

Looking forward to hearing this in winners Enclosures throughout the land !!

Best of luck Michael.
I hope you googled the name and realise the significance of the name and of the ballad.
All together now
" For Rambling, for roving, for football and sporting
For drinking black porter as fast as you fill
In all your days raving you'll find no one as jovial
As the Muskerry sportsman, The Bould Thady Quill "

Looking forward to hearing this in winners Enclosures throughout the land !!

Haha, yes I've listened to the Clancy Bros recording and I don't think we'll ever match that! Unfortunately the owner/breeder registered the horse with only one "l" and now we're stuck with this mis-spelt name. But we won't worry about that when he wins!

Haha, yes I've listened to the Clancy Bros recording and I don't think we'll ever match that! Unfortunately the owner/breeder registered the horse with only one "l" and now we're stuck with this mis-spelt name. But we won't worry about that when he wins!

A favourite song locally Michael.
Banteer is a local village with a railway station and it's sports day was of National significance long ago.
The horse will have a huge local following so when he wins all drinks are on you !

Hoping he does get in, edgt ! But if he does, he will have a horrible draw, is that correct?

Apache is first reserve at his favourite track (if not An Capall's) tomorrow.
No, he (An Capall) is racing ten minutes later at Downpatrick ! :D

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster but that was too bad to be true. Wayne Hutch said he was never running with any freedom and thought that something was hurting him behind. We'll have his back scanned and hope something comes to light. Horses!

Apache is first reserve at his favourite track (if not An Capall's) tomorrow.
Hope he gets a run as 6 furlongs there is up his street.
With a bit of luck stable mate Longfield Lad will be scratched due to the going.

Nice jockey booking edgt. Best of luck this evening.

Back