Forum horse connections

Takafol goes today in the 7.10 at Ripon. David thinks he's better than he's shown on course so far (gone well in a gallop with Birdman, for instance) but hasn't found the key to him yet. I'd rather it was 7f but I'm happy that it's easier going because too many runs on GF would worry me.

Probably "last chance saloon" for Primo Capitano at Ffos Las tonight. Since his last dismal effort he's been treated for Level 4 gastric ulcers, kissing spines and an arthritic hock -- no wonder the poor beast was running poorly. But our patience is beginning to wear thin....

A much more encouraging effort from Primo last night, not far short of his early-season form. Has had quite a lengthy break so we'll continue to run him over the summer. He'll be trained "from the field", so hopefully no more gastric ulcer problems for the time being.

Good luck with Regal Diamond Roddy. Hope he can do well after whatever has kept him off the track.

I'm sure you'll find the right race for Beggars Wishes. Hope everything ok with your others Red Six, Miss Eyelash, Double Double etc.

Best of luck SC!!

Our lease on Did You Ever is over now but he's entered for Libby and Jamie at Newton Abbot on Friday and the lads are going down to watch him. The trip should suit but the handicapper has come up with a mark of 95 for him (PU off 86 on last rules start, handicap debut in Ireland in 2012) so hard to see him doing too much off that.

They also have Up Four It in the novices handicap on the card and looking at the race he should run well.

Martin

Sadly not available online - I write a column and some previews/reviews of the p2p action for them for the Pointing Plus pullout.

I've been doing the column (Point-To-Points Of View) since the first meeting of the season at the end of November but there's some doubt surrounding whether they'll be covering Pointing next year so will have to see how that goes.

For the moment the last of my column's is next week but I'll still be writing about Rugby League for them through the Summer :)

Martin

Trainer says, " Oliver's Gold runs at Thirsk and if he puts his best foot forward he could run a big race, he is however unreliable on the flat for some reason, and Novice chasing will be his job later in the summer."

Sadly not available online - I write a column and some previews/reviews of the p2p action for them for the Pointing Plus pullout.

I've been doing the column (Point-To-Points Of View) since the first meeting of the season at the end of November but there's some doubt surrounding whether they'll be covering Pointing next year so will have to see how that goes.

For the moment the last of my column's is next week but I'll still be writing about Rugby League for them through the Summer :)

Martin

What would you say is the relation between point-to-point and rugby league?

I wish I knew, current link is that I'm unable to attend the final point-to-point of the season at Umberleigh on Saturday and also unable to attend our biggest away match of the season at St. Helens on Friday - though that isn't much of a link.

Martin

I've a small interest in Little Big Man who runs in the lucky last at Salisbury tomorrow. Very much a fact finding mission because we've not tried him on turf yet and so we don't know if his early form was bad for a reason of if he just doesn't go on it.

Back