Forum horse connections

Our syndicate have purchased a half share in a dual purpose horse called Oliver's Gold
http://www.racingpost.com/horses/ho...=horse_race_record&bottomHorseTabs=horse_form

He should be out within 3 weeks but will probably need the run. Let the fun begin.

Many thanks to the members for their help and advice especially Roddy:thumbsup: & Martin:thumbsup:, unfortunately I am just one vote amongst many and have to go with the majority. Hopefully Oliver's Gold can win a few races and come back safe.

Good luck with your runners this week folks. I'm involved with Sakhees Return who is in at Haydock and I can also see some entries Saturday!

Bay of Freedom is having his first hurdle race in the 5.40 at Down Royal tomorrow; Luke Dempsey rides with his valuable 5lb allowance. We're 2nd favourite in most lists behind New World who ran well first time over hurdles and will probably benefit from the better ground. Like us he may well need further than 2 miles. Obviously having to give him 8lbs is not ideal but he's schooled well and, while you can never be too confident first time over hurdles and in a such a large field (19), we are very hopeful. I will be flying over tonight and hoping he pays for my trip. If the 11/1 Timeform is quoting is still available when I arrive, then I will be spending the morning visiting ATM's and bookmakers!

Bay of Freedom is having his first hurdle race in the 5.40 at Down Royal tomorrow; Luke Dempsey rides with his valuable 5lb allowance. We're 2nd favourite in most lists behind New World who ran well first time over hurdles and will probably benefit from the better ground. Like us he may well need further than 2 miles. Obviously having to give him 8lbs is not ideal but he's schooled well and, while you can never be too confident first time over hurdles and in a such a large field (19), we are very hopeful. I will be flying over tonight and hoping he pays for my trip. If the 11/1 Timeform is quoting is still available when I arrive, then I will be spending the morning visiting ATM's and bookmakers!

It looks like you've been busy, Paul! 6/5 fav now. Best of luck

I hope you and the boys at the Bowen stable were on Awaywiththegreys at Haydock tonight Roddy, 50/1 very nice!

Played up green , good third under the circumstances

We think the Cheltenham race took more out of him than we thought and/or he is just over the top. He ran flat at both Punchestown and tonight. His jumping was poor and he was never really travelling; the playing about at the start should be getting better (but isn't) so we need to address that as well. But, as these things tend to go., we went from being very disappointed right after the race to reminding ourselves of the good horses he beats at home and the fact he has shown form on the racecourse as well. We'll step him up to 2 1/2 miles at least next time and keep our fingers crossed. First things first, we need to freshen him up so a little/short holiday starting tomorrow will make all of the difference (hopefully)

Last edited:
Purely from a punting point of view I have always believed that it is tricky enough to translate good bumper form to winning over hurdles.

I hope you and the boys at the Bowen stable were on Awaywiththegreys at Haydock tonight Roddy, 50/1 very nice!

Yes we bet it bigger prices than 50s on the machine, but only because I can not let one of Bowens horses go unbacked in a suitable race .over the years . Anyway it was a grand I hadn't budgeted for

Decent Roddy. There was some unreal prices going on Betfair. Didn't occur to me to even look there because I was content with my 50s. Then he won, and then I saw the BSP. And then it dawned...

One of my favourite horses. You can set your clock by him.

Thady Quil tries again tonight at Southwell in quite a competitive little maiden hurdle. We're hopeful that his poor run last time can be ignored as he was found to have pulled muscles behind the saddle.

Good luck with those roddy! looking forward to beggars wishes debut.Princess Roania looks good tonight

Last edited:
Back