Forum horse connections

Doubly represented at Newton Abbot tomorrow.

Shantou Magic runs in the Intermediate Chase. He's a few pounds wrong at the weights with the top two, but in his favour he runs well fresh and the yard couldn't be in better form.

New acquisition Our Reward goes in the Bumper. Was given a high rating of 91 for winning his point in Ireland, has been working well and we would expect him to win a bumper before he goes hurdling. Whether it's this one remains to be seen.

Best of luck guys.

Getty continues to make good progress. His meds have been reduced to minimum, and he has started eating and drinking small amounts. We just need to hope that everything internally kicks in properly. Why did i not buy a hamster! :confused:

Digger- sorry to hear about Getty's illness. Fingers crossed he can continue his recovery.

Michael and Roddy - good luck with your runners.

"Dream Horse " (irish Field thinks so anyway ) Apache Gold returns to Limerick tomorrow 3.15
Connor King has one of his last rides in an Apprentice Handicap.
Drawn 4, once ground not holding/sticky or gluey he should be thereabouts again with luck.
I shall be at a wedding in Wexford. Such is life.

"Dream Horse " (irish Field thinks so anyway ) Apache Gold returns to Limerick tomorrow 3.15
Connor King has one of his last rides in an Apprentice Handicap.
Drawn 4, once ground not holding/sticky or gluey he should be thereabouts again with luck.
I shall be at a wedding in Wexford. Such is life.

Leckhampton Road will be looking for a quick double at Limerick because one of our Cheltenham housemates owns a leg of Emperor Bob, which will be running in the 3.45 race straight after Apache's.

Encouraged by the performance of both horses. Shantou Magic was leading a high-class field at the 3rd last after which he started to tire and clouted the next fence. The stuffing was knocked out of him and Will Kennedy just eased him home after that. Bar the mistake he could well have been 3rd. He learnt a lot today, will come on for the race & will jump better next time.

Our Reward had the perfect introduction, wasn't knocked about and once the penny dropped two furlongs out he ran on resolutely to finish 3rd. Brendan's first words were "a definite winner next time".

Nice performances from all over the last couple of days. Michael, The Apache gang and Roddy.

Well done all.

Really thrilled by Buchaill Allain and Pearl Swan. I can see both winning next time. Oh for another100 metres

Have you considered the Cumberland Hcp chase 3 weeks today at Carlisle, Roddy?
3m2f stamina test that would be right in his weight band. Peter Bowen won it in 2011 with Harouet, too.
Also the best days racing of the year up here.

Oliver's Gold entered in a chase & hurdle at Wetherby on Wednesday. The hurdle race looks likely, looking at jockey bookings. Olly finished 6th in this race last year btn just over 7 lengths. He will have a 7lb claimer on and the handicapper has dropped him 1lb so effectively he's 8lb better off if he goes for the hurdle option, which should see him thereabouts if all is well with him.

Good luck SC.

You're well entitled to be chuffed Roddy. I thought Pearl Swan travelled and jumped well before shaping nicely coming home. As for Buachaill Alainn, I love the way he stays on like a train from the back of the last - always jumps nice and tidy too. He's getting very close now to the sort of mark needed for a certain race back at the course. :-)

Back