Forum horse connections

Apache Gold returns to Limerick tomorrow.
Good draw (5) , good jockey Killian Leonard claiming 2lb and soft ground all in his favour.
Running off a mark 8 lb lower than when beaten a neck last year this looks his best chance of a win this season; Fingers crossed.

Another brave run on still sticky going; beaten 31/4 lengths.
His best runs beaten 3, 3.25, 4.25, 4.25, 4.5,4.5, 4.75, 5, 5.25 lengths this season, approx 3 lengths slower than last year.
Time to call it a day after maybe one more run ballot allowing.
Glad to see him as consistent as he always was but time is calling.

One of our syndicate horses, Cape Hideaway runs today 2.55 Uttoxeter and would definitely have an e/way chance but the question is have the horses got over the bug they have had? I hope so as they are a good yard.

Just before I go on my junket to Arabia we are going to run a few at Fakenham today. With TD injured Sean has been pressed into riding for Paul but Jamie has always performrd well for us so I can see Rolling Maul and Wadswick Court paying for the holiday at Fakenham today and Minella Daddy contributing tomorrow at Ffos Las

Best wishes Roddy.
Apache Gold runs tomorrow in what should be his final race.
Drawn 6 with a decent rider Denis Linehan up he should be near the frame once again.
Nice for him to be able bow out at his most successful track on his most successful racing day historically.

All the very best to him and his owners. He's always given his all in some of the most competitive races in the calendar.
Be nice if they could play this on course after the race:

I can just see the owners doing the formation dancing.

Fantastic win Roddy. Congrats. Only for jumping slightly right the last few fences Daddy would've won by more. You'll have fun with this lad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Roddy - well done with Minella Daddy. He's really coming on well and I look forward to seeing how he handles his next step up. My feeling before the race was that Whataknight was a solid yardstick. Shame Beast of Burden is struggling after his promising start but their intention may be for him to build on yesterday somewhere next time.

Grey/edgt et al - well done with Apache Gold finished safe and sound. Was running another promising race yesterday until his recent runs started to tell entering the final furlong. A happy retirement to him.

Good luck with the 3yo next year. I enjoyed following your story with Apache and if I lived your side I'd be tempted to get a share in the half sister.

Our syndicate horse Cape Hideaway is running today 2.55 Catterick - he seems in good form and they may try a change of tactics today and see if he can make the running to bring his stamina into play.

Back