36116_400139032913_709687913_4454665_4808738_n.jpg

Star & Amy share a moment

36116_400139057913_709687913_4454670_5158028_n.jpg

TT'S Dream & Kieren in paddock

36953_399609532913_709687913_4440376_1018179_n.jpg

Close up of Amy & Star

36953_399609592913_709687913_4440389_5098462_n.jpg

Star and Amy in full stride

Awwww.... ! Love the shared moment - look at Star's little eye, just loving it! I love the 'face' flymask, Flame - haven't seen any like those before. Good fun.

Yeah he loves Amy does Star. Amy goes to see him after work and rang me telling me he was being attacked by flies and unhappy so we drove to tack shop to get him a sheet and hood. Amy saw that and was like we have to get it him, so we had a look at all the face designs and thought that one was the best LOL.

Camira runs in the fillies handicap at the Curragh Saturday meeting. She's a few pounds out of the handicap, it's a further rise in class and a big field, but she's still in good heart.

I'm heading over to the emerald isle first thing in the morning so most of you will know Coordinated runs on sunday in the irish derby. Personally looking through everything think he has a big chance and is in good form at home. Easy to make excuses for the last two races he has been in but I do feel a few things have conspired against him and I'm just hoping sunday we get to find out the horses true level of ability. Whatever he does I will be chuffed to have been involved in such a race again and if he was to win.....12/1 seems too big.

Good luck to both of you on the Curragh this weekend.

For what its worth I agree 12's is a big price about Coordinated Cut; wouldn't rule out Camira tomorrow either, albeit in what looks a competitive fillies handicap. I think we're likely to see a burn-up in that race as well, which should suit Camira.

Last edited:
Glad you got a run. Both mine No Panic and Quattrocento ballotted out of the Summer National. Would never have happened last year

Thanks, Sheikh, we were well pleased and even dared think at one point that she might win. She continues to be in very good heart and probably improved another notch today.

I'll make sure the fizz is nice and cold, Flame! Look forward to him putting in another good performance - we know he liked the course, even if the handicapper's chucked a few more pounds on him.

New recruit

We were lucky enough to find a nice individual, lot 448, at the Derby Sale. He's a three year old by Oscar out of a four time, black type, winning mare called Sharesia. He's about 16.1 and cost us €23k, which was not a bad price given the average price increased from €23k to €27k. I've a couple of shares available and will offer them to forum members at cost rather than the increased advertised price on the website. Hope he will be as lucky as our other purchases. Our other horses are enjoying their breaks and will all be back in by the end of July.

Attachments

• 2010-06-25 New recruit1.jpg
    2010-06-25 New recruit1.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
He looks lovely, Cantoris - really strong frame and well-covered, looks surprisingly mature for just 3. I like this shape of horse most of all - quite roundy and none of that rather oddly-angular shape many have now, with high bony withers, a roach back and low-set rear. I like the way he's posing very sweetly with a come-hither look in his eye! Very best of luck with him and to all fortunate enough to take up shares with you.

Love the look of this chap and his dam sounds like a good mare too - should do you the business, hopefully. All the very best of luck with him.

Back now the horse unfortunately ran flat yesterday and personally think he has had enough of running on concrete. He is going to have a break now to give him some more time to strenghten up and freshen up. A bit gutted as through form lines he could possibly have been in the shake up if he had run his race. There will be other days though.

Understandably disappointing for you Kauto but, as you say, there will be other days. The ground is getting to some of them, they're getting jarred every time they run at the moment (next week - monsoons foreseen for the UK!), and some are really resenting it. Best wishes on his reappearance on kinder ground.

Back now the horse unfortunately ran flat yesterday and personally think he has had enough of running on concrete. He is going to have a break now to give him some more time to strenghten up and freshen up. A bit gutted as through form lines he could possibly have been in the shake up if he had run his race. There will be other days though.

Apart from that did you enjoy racing in Ireland Kauto?

The Leger trial at York would be a nice come back for him I would have thought.

Very enjoyable met the coolmore messiahs magnier, tabor and even an mr Curley which was an experience and slightly surreal.
The course itself reminded me very much of Newmarket racecourse with it's open expanses. I would say the grandstand could do with a lick or two of paint but from what I understand the funding was taken away for this by the government which isn't surprising in these times.
Regarding cc I think he'll have a longer break than that and the way the weather is there is no way the ground will be any good I suspect come august time. As for the leger I'm not even entirely sure yet the horse fully gets 1m 4f. He is on his dam side predominantly from a family of milers. I now await the return of monitor closely with excitement.

Back