Forum horse connections

I've only seen CC race the once (missed the Irish Derby as had to load cow and calf!) and know nothing much about him but the race I did see (Chester?) he just seemed to look to me to need good ground or good to soft.

We were lucky enough to find a nice individual, lot 448, at the Derby Sale. He's a three year old by Oscar out of a four time, black type, winning mare called Sharesia. He's about 16.1 and cost us €23k, which was not a bad price given the average price increased from €23k to €27k. I've a couple of shares available and will offer them to forum members at cost rather than the increased advertised price on the website. Hope he will be as lucky as our other purchases. Our other horses are enjoying their breaks and will all be back in by the end of July.

I saw this fellow in Colm Murphy's on the morning after the sale (thanks for the lift, Cantoris). He is a very nice type and yes, Krizon, he is definitely a shameless attention seeker. Best of luck to all who get involved.

Camira is due to go up another 6 lbs to 79 but she runs again tomorrow evening under her "old" mark of 73. Her chance is there for all to see if she runs to form.

Camira is due to go up another 6 lbs to 79 but she runs again tomorrow evening under her "old" mark of 73. Her chance is there for all to see if she runs to form.

As I said to Grey on the way to the races "the worst thing that could happen is you come fourth and get put up the 5lbs you are out of the handicap and a couple more for winning just €2k". Well at least the handicapper was kind and only put her up a pound over the 5lbs out. Good luck this evening. She's in great form and takes her racing well.

ohh just saw bonfire mentioned on here, so many many thanks! congrats to all the forum successes, met grey at the Curragh w/o knowing about camira -how did she go on yesterday?? - and of course saw CC but not kauto ;)

and @desert orchid - no new trainer at the moment, sometimes the old one just needs pushing a bit harder ....

Thanks for the good wishes.

I wish I could be there but after being in Ireland for a long weekend I could hardly turn around and go straight back again.

At least the schedules aren't too overloaded tonight and we shouldn't have to worry about split screens if the race gets off on time.

Oh well, it was worth a try but it probably came a bit soon for her after Saturday. She tried hard but appeared to run a bit flat. I expect she'll have a few weeks off now.

Oh well, it was worth a try but it probably came a bit soon for her after Saturday. She tried hard but appeared to run a bit flat. I expect she'll have a few weeks off now.

Maybe a bit flat Grey, also a little wider on the course and you'll probably find the horses in front where running off advantageous marks.

Well guys, hope a few of mine can get a run this weekend after being ballotted out the last month. I have No Panic and Santamina on Sunday at MR and Ballyvesey over fences at NA on Monday.
Fingers ,and everything else crossed for a good show.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good luck Mr Owen - No Panic looks to have a great chance - ran a cracker there last year in a better race - hope they all run well for you.

Can you answer a question for me - I e-mailed the stable about a month ago enquiring about a horse called Royal Scoundrel as I knew Peter and his wife Karen held this horse in high regard, but he didn't make an appearance last season - I didn't recieve a reply and wondered if you know if this horse is ok and still in training?

Thanks guys for the best wishes on our new lad. If I get the few shares away I can start thinking about the next syndicate and world domination!! Four horses in hand, six is the target.

Good luck Roddy, how are your two at Rasen expected to go. Any idea if Bowen's in the last is expected to win? I see he's won two and his penalty is more than cancelled out by his jockey's claim, but there's a Swinbank unraced thing in the race who's tissue priced favourite.

Yes, Roddy, you gave me an update on Royal Scoundrel awhile back. How is he doing now? I love him and really hope he makes it back, so stunning.

Good luck -

Royal Scoundrel is back sound and in the middle of roadwork. Should think he will run Sep/Oct when it gets a bit softer. Amazing and delighted with the popularity he has, having only run a bumper and won easily mind you. I expect he will be the star of the Bowen open day again in two weeks time,although he will be run close by our new filly foal by Kayf Tara out of Glacial Missile,one month old.
No Panic should go very close tomorrow,fit and well:)

Thanks for the reply - when I posted my enquiry about Royal Scoundrel I was unaware you were one of the owners and have just realised:o - I hope he turns out to be a star for all connected and look forward to him running over the coming season. Kind regards.

Do you know anything about Bowen's horse in the bumper and Thelobstercatcher, Roddy? Best of luck with No Panic, I may have to have a small bet :)

Royal Scoundrel is back sound and in the middle of roadwork. Should think he will run Sep/Oct when it gets a bit softer. Amazing and delighted with the popularity he has, having only run a bumper and won easily mind you. I expect he will be the star of the Bowen open day again in two weeks time,although he will be run close by our new filly foal by Kayf Tara out of Glacial Missile,one month old.
No Panic should go very close tomorrow,fit and well:)

Congratulations Mr Owen - A gutsy performance from No Panic off top weight.

Back