Forum horse connections

U know me, Kri - the art of afterftiming is my expertise! But honestly how many people would have taken me seriously had I stuck him up? Even his previous trainer was bemoaning the fact he thought the track was wrong for him - erhmm - small, well-balanced 4yo with Flat breeding (half bro to winners on Flat in Italy) - has nice set of gears too and action screams good ground or better. Well it would have been rude not to take advantage of someone on Betfair - 'specially when RAs looming!

So its been a high all weekend what with Fully Loaded securing the Leading Horse title for most wins in the season by a Point-to-pointer (9 for those of you who don't follow it). Has been the most incredible buzz as well as the most nervewracking as the season went on. But I have to say he is the most lovely horse to ride out (once the ring bit went on - he was a barsteward beforehand something even Charlotte Tizzard admitted) and I have loved every minute being involved including all those miserably cold days in the snow and rain when you were all tucked up inside - I was out there! The Greenway & Pugesley families are like surrogates to me and if I could adopt them I would - couldn't have happened to nicer people. He made history to become the first horse to win 3 times before the New Year and also the first to win for 2 sisters both having their first ever rides (2 weeks apart!) And hopefully Fully Loaded will be back next year with the older sister, Emma still eligible for Novice Riders events. With any luck we will get another for her to ride as well - just got to find it first! The incredible thing about Fully Loaded is that he had been around for a few years on the pointing circuit winning 4 times but he was no star. A change of routine (he goes out every day regardless of weather), easier races and less aggressive riding by the jockey has made all the difference.

Fabulous bit of steering horses to the right places at the right time, jinny, and also encouraging their success through a bit of massaging tactics. Very well done indeed. We all know too well how hard it is to get them right, let alone get them right and see success as a result of some brainwork. You've done tremendously well for FULLY LOADED and really look forward to your future input with VICPOL and others helping to put them on the map, too.

It's often surprised me when talking with people I've figured ought to know way better than me, that they overlook conformation and action when placing them at certain tracks. Okay, some are a bit obvious, like Brighton, but you'd think people could figure out what you did without troubling their brains too much, wouldn't you? But, noooo... not always. So a well-deserved winning - and accurate - finger on that Betfair a/c!

Best of luck to Fareer in the Hunt Cup. Will be some effort to win such a competitive race off 107, but you wouldn't put it past him.

It would be amazing for FAREER to win off that weight, but if he can squeak a place, that'll do nicely. Another cavalry-sized field - will be quite a spectacle to see it unfold.

Best of luck with STARGAZY, Flame. Alastair's knocked in a couple of nice winners recently, and seems to be coming back into form, so I hope he can at least place for you.

Will give Whereveryougoigo his desired galloping track at Worcester next Wed in the bumper and also give No Panic a pipeopener there over hurdles on his way to the Summer Plate.

Coolagad wonder runs in the apprentice race at 7:00 in Dundalk.
He is unexposed and should win. It is an apprentice race though so I won't be backing him.

He won a similar race in Limerick snugly while I was away. I did have access to good quality bubbly at a reasonable price. A wins a win hey !
He could win another.

U know me, Kri - the art of afterftiming is my expertise! But honestly how many people would have taken me seriously had I stuck him up? Even his previous trainer was bemoaning the fact he thought the track was wrong for him - erhmm - small, well-balanced 4yo with Flat breeding (half bro to winners on Flat in Italy) - has nice set of gears too and action screams good ground or better. Well it would have been rude not to take advantage of someone on Betfair - 'specially when RAs looming!

So its been a high all weekend what with Fully Loaded securing the Leading Horse title for most wins in the season by a Point-to-pointer (9 for those of you who don't follow it). Has been the most incredible buzz as well as the most nervewracking as the season went on. But I have to say he is the most lovely horse to ride out (once the ring bit went on - he was a barsteward beforehand something even Charlotte Tizzard admitted) and I have loved every minute being involved including all those miserably cold days in the snow and rain when you were all tucked up inside - I was out there! The Greenway & Pugesley families are like surrogates to me and if I could adopt them I would - couldn't have happened to nicer people. He made history to become the first horse to win 3 times before the New Year and also the first to win for 2 sisters both having their first ever rides (2 weeks apart!) And hopefully Fully Loaded will be back next year with the older sister, Emma still eligible for Novice Riders events. With any luck we will get another for her to ride as well - just got to find it first! The incredible thing about Fully Loaded is that he had been around for a few years on the pointing circuit winning 4 times but he was no star. A change of routine (he goes out every day regardless of weather), easier races and less aggressive riding by the jockey has made all the difference.

Is it true Jinnyj that Vicpol is being sent to France?

Is it true Jinnyj that Vicpol is being sent to France?

Absaloutely no idea - yard where I rode him out has pretty much packed up for summer. Songsheet can find out though as she knows owner in whose name he ran. I would imagine they would sell if someone can up with the money. He was bought for pointing initially but look as though he should be kept under rules IMO.

What was extra nice was that Cat insisted - against the trainer's strong resistance - that BONFIRE be ridden from the front this time, which is where she's thought for some time he'd be happiest and thus most effective. I hope she's asking for a discount off her training fees, as she's clearly found the key to his optimum performance.

Indeed, Mr Sheikh. She'll be entered in the 8f handicap on Sunday as well as Saturday's 7f fillies handicap. They're both premier handicaps and are a big step up for her.

Back