Forum horse connections

@katuo_ been reading in german press that CC might be supplemented for the German Derby? good luck if you choose to come over. there is one really classy horse over here but he isnt certain to stay, the others are rather dark horses, IF they turn out to be be any good at all ....

Nice bit of experience for him at headquarters - hope he's come back well - good luck.

really do not see where the experience comes from. demoralizing is the world that springs to my mind. never forget the old saying: put yourself in the best and your horse in the worst company :blink:

BUT certainly all the best for the string, flame!

Coolagad runs in Gowran this evening. He's in great form . Mr Grassicks looked an imposter at this level last time out. Not treated harshly by the handicapper.

Not Running Ballyvesey should run Sunday 3.20 at Southwell conditional. Keep him more covered up this time. Shame Donal is still banned,

1 25-502 Ballyvesey6 5 11-12 P Bowen65 105 52 104

chestnut gelding Anshan — Bridgequarter Lady (IRE) (King´s Ride)

Roddy Owen & Paul Fullagar

DATE RACE CONDITIONS WGT RACE OUTCOME JOCKEY OR TS RPR
05Jul10 Nab 22GF C4Ch 4K 11-0 2/6 25L, Swing Bill[6/5F]11-0p Tom O'Brien — * *
14May10 Ain 25Gd C4HcH 3K 11-8 10/15 70L, Boyoboy[13/2]10-11 Donal Devereux 104 * *
07May10 Ain 25Gd C3HcH 5K 10-5 5/17 15½L, Alderley Rover[6/1]11-1p Tom O'Brien 104 * *
14Apr10 Chl 24Gd C3NvHcH 5K 10-13 5/20 13L, Munlochy Bay[8/1]9-11p Tom O'Brien 105 * *
29Mar10 Tow 24Sft C3HcH 6K 10-11 2/13 12L, Chaim[8/1]10-11p Richard Johnson 105 * *

14Mar10 Mar 24Gd C3HcH 5K 10-0 1/7 1L, Key Time[11/4]10-8p Tom O'Brien 99 * *

Last edited:
Good luck tonight, Sheikh, but make sure you know the rules before backing that other horse!

Coolagad Wonder must have a good chance of being in the mix again.

Good luck Sheikh. Grassicks are running into form. They've had a few winners recently after a dismal start. Interestingly Andy Oliver was saying how badly his 2 year olds were effected by the frost up to May and that he's only getting around to running them now. I wonder could we see some improvement from horses that ran in the early part of the season and maybe were left off after. Should make the maidens from now on very interesting.

Good luck tonight, Sheikh, but make sure you know the rules before backing that other horse!

Coolagad Wonder must have a good chance of being in the mix again.

I'll have my fake moustache and nose on, If you notice , say nuttin I'll cut you in for a score ...... I'll be disappointed if he's not there abouts, he has to come off the pace but there should be plenty of room.

Good luck Sheikh. Grassicks are running into form. They've had a few winners recently after a dismal start. Interestingly Andy Oliver was saying how badly his 2 year olds were effected by the frost up to May and that he's only getting around to running them now. I wonder could we see some improvement from horses that ran in the early part of the season and maybe were left off after. Should make the maidens from now on very interesting.

Interesting point Cantoris and one I have been considering. I think it has been quite noticeable how backward some have been even from the bigger yards. Andy did n't happen to mention this one did he 'In some Respect' ?

Never stopped pissing rain, ground was gone soft side of yielding and he ran accordingly.

Still saw some nice youg horses. Romie Kastanett a full sis to Norse dancer and a full to refuse to bend was behind him , can't remember the name.

Says 'hampered leaving stalls' which couldn't have helped the wean, either. Please send that rain over here!

Some clown stuck a flash camera in his face leaving the parade ring which freaked him a little and then he was pinballed leaving the stall. Neither of which helped but he just didn't go on the ground anyway.

Oh, for God's sake! Poor little sausage - let's hope he doesn't think every outing will be quite so dramatic. Send him over here if he doesn't like it soft, Sheikh - did you see the contrasting grass colours at Ascot? The course was bright green, the inside looked like African savannah. Minus the herds of wildebeeste, though.

Yes, best wishes to him.

And, many many congratulations to connections of Bonfire Night and himself for just winning again in Germany! Well done. :)

Fareer ran an honest race, I thought, just not quite up to Gr2 standard.

Well done to Bonfire Night, that's great news.

congratulations to all. Just waiting for the Summer Plate meeting at MR next Saturday now. Should have a few runners and hopefully a winner there. Love that meeting and thanks to the Tote for sponsoring it.;)

Well done BONFIRE NIGHT - at least one of the boys done good.

FAREER, while maybe indeed not being up to G2 standard, was NOT ridden according to instructions, I can at least tell you that! The instructions were to almost miss the break, stay in the ruck and try to come off the pace. While he may well still not have been good enough, tussling with the pacemaker for the first furlong was plain stupid and the writing was on the wall.

Personally, I strongly disagree with Angus Gold - the colt needs a decent 7f race, not further - he was able to lie up with them for that distance at a pretty decent pace today.

Jockeys - pah!!

Back