Forum horse connections

Strangely enough, Kri, that's because it's not true - I'm afraid it's just Songsheet making up rubbish and grasping at straws in a pitiful attempt to score points and make petty digs.

Fareer needs to come from off the pace does he? That, and your assertions that he needs 7f not a mile, must explain how he won a Listed race at York over a mile, making all. Oh, and a small piece of advice - horses that don't get 1 mile don't win mile races at Royal Ascot I'm afraid.

As for the second hand tales you heard two days before the race about the supposed riding instructions O'Shea was given - do me a favour.

I know he led from the front at York - I am neither blind nor stupid, even though you would like to think so. However, that was a Listed race and he was lucky to get away with it - another 20m and RAINBOW PEAK would have caught him. There was also no pacemaker in that race either.

I would have thought someone with the amount of experience you keep telling us you have in this industry would know that.

I suggest you read what is written a little more closely - I was referring to Angus Gold's televised comments that the horse needs further (than a mile, just to make it crystal clear for you) - he's been entered up in races from 1m 1f to 1m 2f - strangely enough, they've now taken him out of those races and the two left on his calendar are a mile G3 in Ireland and a 7f Heritage Handicap at Ascot.

Why would you think I made it up about the racing instructions a trainer said, I honestly don't know and I don't really care but I do take exception to being called a liar on a public forum.

As for making petty digs, believe me you have the monopoly on that - your target seems to be a moving one on this forum - Kirsty, me, Tracy, Jon (on occasions) - all of us female which for some reason which seems to be your modus operandi. Egged on by a few blokes on here who obviously appreciate your undoubted expertise in the betting arena (an area I wouldn't doubt you on) and just like to see a spat - which says more about their characters than anything else.

Fine, continue your vective - just makes me and a few others feel very sorry for you - this is my last response to you which I am sure won't bother you at all.......:lol:

the fact that a horse does win making all does not mean it can´t be ridden - and still win- ridden with more sensible off-the-pace tactic´s as even bonfire showed in hamburg. the way i see it fareer was well ahead of the handicapper in ascot last year, he is clearly far more than a handicapper anyway - he was the class-horse in the york-race too, but proper Gr. 2´s and upwards seem to be aiming a bit too high by conncetion at mo. I just wish I ever breed a horse like him, he is such a star!

Why would you think I made it up about the racing instructions a trainer said, I honestly don't know and I don't really care but I do take exception to being called a liar on a public forum.

Absolutely Julie, and the vast majority on here will recognise that - if that is what you say you were told in good faith that will be good enough for most on here. Why on earth your comments bothered others so much is beyond me.

This is clearly getting personnal (and not just in terms of horse ownership) so any more from here on in will be removed without warning.

Another fine run from Camira last night. That's the second big pot Grey has missed out on with her. She's still improving though and those fast run big field handicaps suit her. I'd be surprised if she didn't take in a trip to England at some stage. Worth a pop at one of the big handicaps there.

Somebody might like to show me where I said Songsheet lied about O'Shea's 'riding instructions' - I said she wasn't in a position to know them, after Krizon reported that the jockey himself said he rode to instructions which was contrary to Songsheet's criticism of him. Of course, any plans made on Thursday may well have changed by Saturday anyway, and I really cannot see how Songsheet can say with authority that she knows what instructions were issued, much less slag off the jockey on such a basis.

As for things turning personal, that was all started once Songsheet started coming out with some personal tripe about my 'pretensions to be a trainer'. I don't believe that I have posted personal insults to Songsheet in this instance although I am happy to be corrected.

Concerning the accusations about having 'moving targets' on here - how much more personal do you wish to get? Myself and Krizon banter regularly and both enjoy it I believe. I can't for the life of me see where I've 'targeted' Tracy and the fallout between myself and Kirsty was personal and occurred through business dealings with her, none of which I am going to go into on here.

Another fine run from Camira last night. That's the second big pot Grey has missed out on with her. She's still improving though and those fast run big field handicaps suit her. I'd be surprised if she didn't take in a trip to England at some stage. Worth a pop at one of the big handicaps there.

1.05 in running I believe.

Crikey!! I was on the winner in the place market at 7/1. I backed him at the Curragh the time before but ground was too fast. I thought my money was done last night too coming out of the back straight. he just keeps going on that sort of ground. The pace was really strong and that suited Camira. Possibly would have been better off staying on the inside as she came wide into the straight. But once there, he had to go for his race. Just outbattled on the ground. On better ground she would have won as the winner would not have been coming back again. The in-running was carnage so at Leopardstown. The Bolger filly in the first was done at 1.01 in running.

I put up Tadgh's words in good faith, not to spark off a neh-neh contest. I'm not sure I can be bothered to do much more on here - no great loss, I'm sure most would agree, anyway - when so many issues seem to turn combative. I'll take a bit of a back seat from now on and 'lurk' more than contribute - much safer! (Although I was secretly aiming to beat the languishing Lord Hartigan's amazing 28,000 posts. Imagine what the great man would've accomplished if he'd stayed interested.)

I'll take a bit of a back seat from now on and 'lurk' more than contribute - much safer! (Although I was secretly aiming to beat the languishing Lord Hartigan's amazing 28,000 posts. Imagine what the great man would've accomplished if he'd stayed interested.)

He gets the timeform § these days. A shocking fall from grace....:whistle:

I don't really want to get involved in any politics here, but I do feel the need to point out, for purely pedantic reasons, that the expression "pretensions to train" isn't in any way offensive. Pretension in that context is much more likely to mean aspiration than anything derogatory.

"Squiggle Hartigan"! I do wish he'd return, although he'd be carrying a fair wodge of condition, I imagine, not having been on-forum for so long.

I had pretensions to produce at least one decent winning horse, Rory - it might yet happen, but with just two left to be produced, I remain the Great Pretender.

Was that after they crossed the line, Luke? :confused:

Both jockeys involved in the finish thought Camira had won.

Never mind, she showed she can handle 9f ok and coped well with the rise in class, so there could yet be a nice race for her. She doesn't like being in front too long, though.

Was that after they crossed the line, Luke? :confused:

Both jockeys involved in the finish thought Camira had won.

Never mind, she showed she can handle 9f ok and coped well with the rise in class, so there could yet be a nice race for her. She doesn't like being in front too long, though.

That's a killer Grey but what a great constitution she has. Probably get a couple of lbs for that.For me I'd have her ridden closer to the pace, covered up as much as possible and produced in the last half furlong.

congratulations to all. Just waiting for the Summer Plate meeting at MR next Saturday now. Should have a few runners and hopefully a winner there. Love that meeting and thanks to the Tote for sponsoring it.;)

Congragulations Mr Owen on Ballyvesey's success - sure I read somewhere you said he was going to be held up this time and come with a late - if so that was a great ride - only thing missing was I forgot to back it :lol:
Well Done!!

Great performance by Bally,super jumping. Hope Santamina does as well tomorrow at NA. Peter Bowen is certainly on fire.

Nice 2nd for Santamina Mr Owen :thumbsup:

Hat it e/way in my free Racecaller league and have now moved up to 3rd in the monthly and 5th in the annual - Cheers

Anyone on here with any hot fancies you can help me win the monthly prize which I think is betting vouchers worth £150 - thanks.

A big well done to YOU'RELIKEMEFRANK for winning for Minsterman and friends at Yarmouth. Grand show by the smart chestnut chappie.

Back