Forum horse connections

Good luck tomorrow GG

Thank you! I know probably all breeders/owners/any one says their horse has been unlucky, but he really has, aside from first run where he was far too keen as usual first time out, but really didn't like the ground either. Since has hated the ground and had top weight, Musselbrough waaaay too tight/sharp for him, he's a big boy; if he had had Joe last time out definitely would have won- definitely - not criticism against Henry Brooke but went far too soon, and Joe would have known to hang on , again not run for a bit and save it until after the last and he was giving the winner a stone and lost it in last 10 yards. Connections said afterwards he didn't stay- wwwhaaaaattttt? What race were you watching???? Yes bit tired after last but went too soon for home, and had a stone more. 13 lengths clear of the 3rd.......Don't even get me started..... Last time was told Joe was banned but can't find anything saying why and not on BHA site, can see in a way why Hughes riding tomorrow as needs the wins/champion jockey etc but would have preferred to have Joe back on.. No criticism of Hughes but you have to try and hang on to him, Not sure what's going on there but Joe obviously out of favour, hope all okay there. Would be really good to finish the season on a win. Everything crossed safe home apart from all else.
He's in bouncing form at home so very hopeful. Comes home in one piece above all.
PS best friend going to kill me as his price dropping like a stone and I manage her Paddypower account for her and told her to hang on until tomorrow as I thought he would drift as he would like a little rain :(

Last edited:
Was looking for this thread a while back. I paid €3k for 20% of Chessman with Richard O'Brien last September. He's the type of horse that will need everything to land right for him but it's hard to own a horse rated near 100.

Thank you! I know probably all breeders/owners/any one says their horse has been unlucky, but he really has, aside from first run where he was far too keen as usual first time out, but really didn't like the ground either. Since has hated the ground and had top weight, Musselbrough waaaay too tight/sharp for him, he's a big boy; if he had had Joe last time out definitely would have won- definitely - not criticism against Henry Brooke but went far too soon, and Joe would have known to hang on , again not run for a bit and save it until after the last and he was giving the winner a stone and lost it in last 10 yards. Connections said afterwards he didn't stay- wwwhaaaaattttt? What race were you watching???? Yes bit tired after last but went too soon for home, and had a stone more. 13 lengths clear of the 3rd.......Don't even get me started..... Last time was told Joe was banned but can't find anything saying why and not on BHA site, can see in a way why Hughes riding tomorrow as needs the wins/champion jockey etc but would have preferred to have Joe back on.. No criticism of Hughes but you have to try and hang on to him, Not sure what's going on there but Joe obviously out of favour, hope all okay there. Would be really good to finish the season on a win. Everything crossed safe home apart from all else.
He's in bouncing form at home so very hopeful. Comes home in one piece above all.
PS best friend going to kill me as his price dropping like a stone and I manage her Paddypower account for her and told her to hang on until tomorrow as I thought he would drift as he would like a little rain :(

No. What’s gone wrong with him is way more simple than that - I put him in my ten to follow.

I’m sorry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. What’s gone wrong with him is way more simple than that - I put him in my ten to follow.

I’m sorry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not your fault!!!! He's struggled to get a run - ground, etc - but to be harsh , narrow minded thinking by trainer......when I win the lottery!

Hoping can finish on a high today. If nothing else , entertainment for my local bookie watching me acting like a complete loon watching him. :)

Ok, i've read back through the thread, and can't find it, but which horse are we cheering on today :)

Schiehallion Munro in 3.15 at Ayr - Schiehallion 'cos main owner also wanted to call a horse after the mountain , but couldn't just call him Schiehallion ( most recent one too recent ) , Munro as means 'mountain over 3000 feet ' ish in Gaelic, and Munro happens to be owners middle name. He likes to put a bit of himself in his horses, Dr Irv was his, and Irv is currently his as well. Rowley to me - they call him Basil :)
I'm already a nervous wreck :(

Is that him in your signature picture, G-G? The combined might of TalkingHorses will be cheering him home, so it’ll be fine.

Thank you! No that's his little brother, Brodie who's 5. He's with me, on the come back from an injury after being a week away from running for first time in January :( Might have been a blessing in we caught the problem early and he's very, very immature. The plan is to take him back to Warren's all being well in July. Obviously a listed place would be welcome addition to the family tree. Home safe above all today for Big Brother.f Rowley.jpg

Off to Warwick shortly with my pal and his horse. Much better day than the freezing day at Uttoxeter recently. If the horse is considered likely , and I get permission, I'll post later.

Thanks archie.

Gorgeous doesn't wear the hood today, which hopefully might pep her up a bit on a track where her best performances have come. Jazzaway is surprisingly short in the betting in my opinion. Yes, she had a good run against Mrs Milner at Galway, but that was last summer, and not the Pertemps final at Cheltenham. My fear would be that today's trip and ground are a bit sharp for her on her first run back after being off since then. But you never know, she does come quite high on the speed figures for the race.

Back