Forum horse connections

What a shame! We could have gone en masse, too! Really you need to be more like Dr Marwan Whotsit who tells his trainers were to run his horses!

Koukash! (Sounds like a nice Moroccan stew, doesn't it - ooh, I love a nice hot bowl of koukash with coriander on a winter's night... ) Yes, really, too bad. If you'd gone I'd have made the effort to wing Bluebird across and see him with you. (Bluebird is Beloved Proton's replacement.)

if you are between Ringwood and Salisbury on Wednesday afternoon, then stick out your thumb !! Mind you - the forecast round there is attrocious for Wed afternoon, so I may yet change my mind !!

Ballyvesey should contest the quite valuable ( by todays standards ) novice chase at Hexham Friday. Call me Bill at Uttoxeter on Sunday in the conditional.

I think Hexham's on RUK, so sadly I'll miss seeing him in that, RO, but will look in on CMB at Uttoxeter. Here's hoping for excellent runs for them both.

Oh, yay! I can stand to watch a bit of NH if forum horseys are in it! Meanwhile... Songsheet's DIAMOND BOB has bobbed in 10th this afternoon at Salisbury (now that I couldn't watch!) - held up in rear by Dane O'Neill, weakening towards the end. At least that's out the way and we await a report from the co-breeder and owner!

I still haven't seen the race, as I was at the all day Beef South West event yesterday in Exeter, manning our Breed stand. Had a very good race brreakdown though and, as I expected, it was indeed too far for him and he hated the ground. I didn't want him to go there and apparently even the commentator thought it would be the wrong race for him at this stage of his career! But otherwise, he behaved well and will have had an education. I am awaiting with interest the breakdown of the call between Paul T and Ed....:whistle:
Anyhow, hopefully DB's next race will be over shorter and on good ground on a level track or on the AW perhaps at Lingers.

Good luck with yours, Roddy and here's hoping NOVABRIDGE runs well today too, plus BONFIRE NIGHT on Sunday in Germany!

Good run by Ballyvesey ,third to Magical Legend and Cape Tribulation giving them half a stone is going to be shown to be good form . And only 5.

Nice run, Roddy - plenty to look forward to, pal.

Here's a snap of Only The Best schooling. Hope to see him out around the end of the month, with a decision pending over a final outing in a novice hurdle, a handicap hurdle, or a novice chase (strong preference for the latter, in my case).

Attachments

• Schooling.jpg
    Schooling.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 11
Desperate luck for Vincitore today at Fontwell......had just taken the lead only to fall at the tricky 2nd last, bringing down Hen Knight's horse and then crashing through the wing of the last for good measure. But he seems none the worse and we live to fight another day. Shame for our conditional Peter Carberry who was having his first ride for the stable.

Nice run, Roddy - plenty to look forward to, pal.

Here's a snap of Only The Best schooling. Hope to see him out around the end of the month, with a decision pending over a final outing in a novice hurdle, a handicap hurdle, or a novice chase (strong preference for the latter, in my case).

Looks really nice Grassy,best of luck with him. We have Call Me Bill running against Hendersons hotpot at Uttox tomorrow. Hope for the best.

Very pleased to hear that about VINCITORE, Michael O - nothing much was said on ATR and where I was working at Fontwell I couldn't see the track - saw the wing dinged and thought the horse looked okay some yards on, but good to know.

Kilos is in the 2m4f chase at Huntingdon tomorrow. Last run has really brouhght him on so fingers crossed.

Only The Best entered-up in a decent looking novice chase over 3m at Chepstow on Saturday.

Track, trip and ground should all suit, but this will likely come a bit too quickly for him.

He's very versatile about his ground, isn't he, Grassy? Doesn't seem to mind it pretty much any way. Wish you all the best with him. Most promising fellow.

I see that RO's BALLYVESEY went to Hexham, not Sedgefield, on October 1st and garnered a nice 3rd place to add to his roll. Good boy!

Not really a horse connection one but more a personal connection. Matt O'Connor who was riding as conditional jock in Colm Murphy's yard has moved to Tim Vaughan's yard and will be claiming 5lbs rather than his 3lbs in Ireland. I've loads of time for Matt and we were delighted to be able to give him his first winner in Feb after coming back from his serious head injuries in 2009. Just like Donie Fahy when he made the move to Evan Williams, there simply aren't the opportunities around in Ireland at the moment and what these young lads need is to ride horses and hopefully winnners. I expect him to do very well once he gets himself sorted. Don't forget, Dermot Weld said he was one of the best young pilots he had ever seen so watch out for "MM O'Connor (5)" when he makes his first appearance.

I thought I'd read that he had come over to ride for Neil Mullholland and indeed that appears to be the case as he has just been interviewed on Get On on ATR.
Has first rides here at Exeter today,one of Mullholland and one for Brendan Powell.

Royal Scoundrel contests a hot bumper at Chepstow tomorrow . Paddy Brennan rides.Up against Hobbs and Nicholls hotpots plus others.

Back