Forum horse connections

Good luck - if he wins, at least you'll have a great photographer on hand, as Diminuendo will be there tomorrow - I know this as she's dropping off the mutt as she wings past!

Good luck, RO, and have a lovely day, Dims - the weather forecast is for excellent weather, so the pix should look nice and crisp. The fuzzy weather at our last meeting drained out a lot of the colour of the silks, although a dodgy printer didn't help, either!

I figure now is the right time to post about the latest horse I've become involved with - the now Maz Scudamore trained Point-To-Pointer Aim For The Stars (formerly with Henry Daly) and who was placed over hurdles last season including with subsequent winners in behind, he's out of the decent handicap chaser Sail By The Stars (contested the Hennessy in the late 90's) and is a half-brother to the yards regular Open race winner Worship The Stars.

The syndicate I've joined had three horses run in our colours last season from the yard, on a lease basis with all three winning including Waynesworld winning three times and contesting a Hunter Chase at Cheltenham in May. The season before Hemington ran in the syndicates colours prior to victory in the 2010 running of the John Corbett Cup at Stratford in May having placed in the race in the previous season.

Aim is back in training now and schooling over P2P fences with the first aim being a 2 1/2m Maiden at Cottenham in December :)

Martin

Whatyouwoodwishfor has joined Paddy Butler and is joint owned by myself and Steve Arnold of rakebackmypoker.com and will run in their colours, with me a named half owner. We hope to have him on track in late November, early December.

Good luck, Flame - Paddy's got his own mini-Moore type dynasty going, what with his wife Eileen running various stable canteens, helped by daughter Pamela, and Robert riding! Lovely family, and nice with their horses. Hope all goes well for you.

Martin - fabulous! I loved SAIL BY THE STARS - darn genuine girl, and could go on pretty much any ground. I had to open the RP to remind myself how old she might now be - amazed how fast time's gone by, and she's 21! I also thought - and still think - she had a lovely name. Wish you WHATYOUWOODWISHFOR with her baby boy!

I thought I'd read that he had come over to ride for Neil Mullholland and indeed that appears to be the case as he has just been interviewed on Get On on ATR.
Has first rides here at Exeter today,one of Mullholland and one for Brendan Powell.

Neil would be good friends with Colm and Matt came second in the conditional jocks race at the Festival last March one year. He's two days in vaughans and the same in Neills and mixing it around. Seemed happy with his first few spins. Once he gets his first winner I think he will do very well over there.

One Way Or Another goes in the 2:35 at Goodwood tomorrow. He is off a 3-month break, but has (as usual) been going well at home and seems to go well fresh. He is off the same mark as when winning last year and has John Fahy back on for the first time since a probably unlucky loser at this trip in March. Would like the yard to be going better but am certainly hopeful.

I didn't realise you'd got an Aussie, JAP. Never heard of Balaklava racecourse, either! Is that one of those little outback places? (Apologies to Balaklava if it's not, of course!) Hope he goes well for you after his nice holiday.

Message Cantoris about Mikey RO - he's ridden for Colm Murphy in the past in Bumpers and the like.

From what I've seen of him he's a very good jockey, one of the better amateurs around at the moment :)

What do you think of Michael Fogarty?

When Mikey started I was his biggest critic. Weak in a finish and not fully clued in to race riding. But in the last 12-18 months he has turned inside out and I believe he is the best young amateur rider in Ireland. He won a hunters chase in Listowel I think on Defying Gravity. Super ride. Check out his ride of Don't Be Bitin during the Summer at Tipp. Outrode a professional. A very very clever rider now. The ride he gave Admiral Barry at the Curragh was class. Saved ground around the inside but still knew how to get out. And an extremely strong rider. Roddy, I would have no hesitation in recommending Mikey. I can put you in touch if you need.

So sorry to see WYGIG fell, RO, and that CALL ME BILL seemed to find it a bit much today. Sincerely hope WYGIG is none the worse for his tumble.

When Mikey started I was his biggest critic. Weak in a finish and not fully clued in to race riding. But in the last 12-18 months he has turned inside out and I believe he is the best young amateur rider in Ireland. He won a hunters chase in Listowel I think on Defying Gravity. Super ride. Check out his ride of Don't Be Bitin during the Summer at Tipp. Outrode a professional. A very very clever rider now. The ride he gave Admiral Barry at the Curragh was class. Saved ground around the inside but still knew how to get out. And an extremely strong rider. Roddy, I would have no hesitation in recommending Mikey. I can put you in touch if you need.

Thanks very much for this Cantoris . I have managed to secure him now so he will ride Quattrocento Friday. Really appreciate all the help and advice from this forum

Did you mention it Oran?

Yep, he's a happy camper to be getting the call up. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about at first when I told him I'd reduce my commission from 10% to 5% as a once off favour!!! He'd done some homework on the horse too and hopefully he'll give him a decent ride. As long as he stays on board, we need him for Raise THe Beat on Sunday!!

Good luck with Quattrocento Roddy and with RTB this weekend too Oran, hope Princess Gaia is ok after pulling up for Colm today too.

Back