Forum horse connections

Didn't see racing today but will be chatting to colm. Hope Princess ok. I see she was pulled up. He was worried about the ground. Voler did it well given she needed the run.

Thanks for the best wishes on RTB. I have no idea what to make of the bumper form. Some have done well and others badly. so not sure how it stacks up. But he is only maturing into a horse now. I heard Mikey ask Birdie "how fast were you going" and Birdie said "a decent clip" and Mikey replied "jasus I thought we were going slow given how well he travelled". Colm is already eyeing up a flat campaign next summer so he might not get the trip on Sunday!!

Camira runs at Cork on Saturday in a typically competitive looking 18 runner handicap and Raise The Beat goes at Naas on Sunday in a bumper which includes four last time out winners and a couple of other good looking types. Now that would be some double.

What a horse ! what a jockey. Bloody well done.
Pays for a weekend or two but I was more excited for owner and jockey.
Great.

Huge well done to you, the horse, the jockey - and to Cantoris for suggesting he was the right one for you! You must still be smiling, Roddy!

Great news for all concerned. Oran is off to Murphy's in the morning to collect his commmission and I'll be with him.

Well done Roddy. I'm gonna make the most of this and Grey is my heavy who will break Mikey's legs if I don't get my commission. Ir he can promise a win on Sunday in lieu of commission!! Does anyone have a Racing UK password they'd be willing to give me to see a replay. Was caught in work today so didn't see the race.

Jockeys Agent Cantoris

Sadly I missed all this - but it certainly made for great reading - well done Quattrocento and to all that had a part in it - can't wait to see the race only shame is I know the winner. :thumbsup:

Go the Sporting Life site and free ,without password, access is available to the replay. I've just watched it again. A more than decent ride by the young jockey. He not only rides but thinks as well.

No need,just view the race replay on the racing section of the Sporting Life's site.

Unfortunately a bit too dark by then to get any decent photos,will see if anything is worth putting up when I get home.
A thrill I'm sure for Roddy & connections.

Would I be right in thinking that MAD JACK DUNCAN's near-hindleg went very wrong when he was PU? Didn't look good. Shame, as a nice horse, going well at the time. Rider did well to stop him asap.

(I keep forgetting that the Sporting Life site shows the races for free!)

Well done Roddy!!!

Thank you very much Quattrocento! The Redhead coffers have had a nice boost for this early in the season.

Congratulations. Is this your first Cheltenham winner? There must have been some party last night!

Thanks for all your best wishes guys. yes this was the first Chelt winner for me and the first Chelt runner for the jock. I have had some seconds. What a great ride he gave it. Booked him now for the Kim Muir at the festival on the same mount. Just coming down after a great night. Thanks to Oran et al for marking my card on Michael. He had spent a month at Bowens a while ago as he is a great mate of Donal Deveroux our conditional but the info you gave me was invaluable.

Really pleased for you Roddy, achieving something that we would all like to do and that the forum played a part is simply brilliant. Yesterday is something to keep hold of and I am sure you will but now, of course, the sights are set higher.
Undoubtedly Quattro and yourself will have the following of forum members in your quest for further glory not least because it gives us an involvement in an exciting horse. I have had a couple of tilts at the windmill of racehorse ownership and it is both exhilarating and frustrating, in my case more of the latter. Your willingness to allow us to share in the experience is much appreciated and quite probably permits others to do as I have done, which is to mentally adopt the horse. I had the pleasure of shouting my head off yesterday and it wasn't because of the relatively small bet that I had but the warm glow that intensified as the race progressed. Thanks and good luck!

Well done Roddy. I'm gonna make the most of this and Grey is my heavy who will break Mikey's legs if I don't get my commission. Ir he can promise a win on Sunday in lieu of commission!! Does anyone have a Racing UK password they'd be willing to give me to see a replay. Was caught in work today so didn't see the race.

Jockeys Agent Cantoris

Really hope you have a good run today guys and he wins for you. I will have a few quid on just for luck

I backed the second at 4/1 for pennies but I was wondering was it Nijinsky tanking along in 3rd up the straight. The phone will have to be put off the hook or someone might make them an offer they....

Back