Forum horse connections

Thanks for the compliments on Bally. Just needs a little throat op . Otherwise he has probably won that race comfortably and at his age and a novice. Bright prospect.

Kimberlite King runs Saturday in 2m €40k 0-145. Doesn't look the hardest race in the world and split between those carrying lots of weight and those not. There is little middle ground. 14 entered so hoping only 8 or 9 show up. He would have every chance.

Whatyouwoodwishfor has it's first run for me and Steve Arnold in the 5.30 at Kempton tomorrow, we aren't expecting much but we'll see how he goes.

Vanadium runs in the 4.00 on Thursday at Wolves, he'll need it again but should run better, whilst Know No Fear runs in the 4.00 on Friday at Wolves and he will not get beat.

Are you staying over at the course hotel, Flame? Be an awful lot of back-and-forth if not! Good luck to the lot, and I take it that the last assertion means you'll refund any losing bets? Good man!

Not gonna stay up no, would rather pay the £40 to fill up my car to get there and back again than £90 in the Holiday Inn.

Copper Dock entered for a conditions race on Friday at Dundalk and Bangalore Diamond for a 7F 2yo maiden on the rescheduled Dundalk meeting Saturday. Hoping meetings go ahead - roads around the track are impassable at the moment.

Neil McKenzie-Ross reporting some 8 inches of snowfall around Lingfield with more possibly on the way overnight, Flame, so probably a good idea. The roads that are gritted will be choc-a-bloc and those that aren't will be hell. Lingfield's extra meeting tomorrow in some doubt as the groundsmen may not be able to clear all of the walkways, horsewalks, pedestrian areas, stable block/horsebox park and general parking areas sufficiently for an opening time of 11 am. Apart from that, some staff who live in small villages where there's been no gritting probably don't stand a monkey's chance of getting out, anyway.

Bangalore Diamond to run on Saturday at Dundalk if Tom can get a blow into them tomorrow and then get the truck out of the yard on Saturday. Copper Dock's stone bruise is taking it's time to heal so the extra couple of days will help as he now runs Sunday at the rescheduled Dundalk meeting. Zhukhov is entered for the Wednesday Dundalk meeting in a conditions race over 7f. He has won five races (including a premier handicap up the Curragh) but is getting on a bit now he's seven. Don't know whether we will continue or retire him - we will see how he goes. He has been a brilliant little servant but on the evidence of his last run at Ayr may have fallen out of love with the game. Bangalore is also entered in a 2yo maiden just in case there is an issue on Saturday. It will be interesting to see the decs and draw tomorrow for the weekend and the ballots for Wednesday. Tomorrow will not be the same without Dundalk - next Friday is the last meeting of the year - I can feel the shakes comming on already!!

Flame, back on 8 November, you said you thought that dear old VANADIUM had completely fallen out of love with the game. After tonight, will you consider retiring him? He seems to be trying hard to demonstrate the point to you.

Vanadium is retired to be a lead horse in the yard and my hack. Had to give him another chance today, but he won't grace the turf or sand again, I didn't get there to see him run today as I broke down on the M5, but he's my pet and I don't like seeing horses tailed off and not enjoying it, so it's retirement for the old boy.

That said, you should see Star, bucking and bronking out hacking going mental, we had a little spin up the all weather the other morning and he pulled my arms out, his nice break seems to have really perked him up, and I am tempted to pull him out of retirement, he gets too fresh out hacking and hasn't the patience for going out for fun rides and that, he just wants to bomb off. Going up the gallops the other day he was so chuffed with himself, he is so well and so happy at present, a bit too happy maybe, he is doing the opposite to Vanadium trying to tell me he doesn't want retirement lol.

That's very good news - he seemed to do his bit for the first half of the race, but really looked like he didn't see the point after that! Shame that you didn't see his last race in the flesh, but at least you'll have plenty of time together from now on.

What about polo for STARGAZY? If he's agile and has the ability to go fast in spurts - which your post indicates! - would that not be an option for an energetic horse? It'd keep him occupied mentally, too, with the challenges of the quick manoeuvres in the game, as if he's bored witless by hacking, he might take to something more engaging.

Star will probably race again, we have a girl in the yard who is very keen to race ride and she will need to learn on an old hand, something which would suit Star. I think he misses his racing, but what I have finally learned with him is that he doesn't want too much of it.

Oh and Know No Fear will still definitely win today, my prediction is 5L +. He is a cert in my opinion and have backed accordingly at 11/2, make no mistakes even at 7/2 he is outstanding value. He has been crying out for this trip and in my book he is a stone cold certainty.

Star will probably race again, we have a girl in the yard who is very keen to race ride and she will need to learn on an old hand, something which would suit Star. I think he misses his racing, but what I have finally learned with him is that he doesn't want too much of it.

Good luck hope he does it!! Love when connections get bullish about one!!:thumbsup:

Flame -fair play for putting up the information.I told the wife before the race and she had a tenner on which she got a right buzz out of.I laid off my modest bet at 1.35 in running and backed the place at 4.2 which made it a nice result for me.Hope you made a few quid.

Oh and Know No Fear will still definitely win today, my prediction is 5L +. He is a cert in my opinion and have backed accordingly at 11/2, make no mistakes even at 7/2 he is outstanding value. He has been crying out for this trip and in my book he is a stone cold certainty.

the old saying that there is no such thing as a certainty in racing springs to mind.

im sure he will give you hours of fun however which is what its about really.

its the taking part that counts. :whistle:

not sure if you have any connection to the rider,but that should have won by 7 or lengths there.tut

Have to agree with that. With a stronger drive he definitely would have got up - Katie looked composed and pretty stylish but lacked the strenght to get the job done!! Great run though.

Back