Forum horse connections

I agree with you there, OTB. Three does seem harsh, especially when she couldn't get to the winner and some of the fancied horses didn't run their race.

I see Friday's race is more like 11f than 10f. She gets 9f ok on turf, but at all weather pace this could take a lot more getting. Interesting move.

Last edited:
I agree with you there, OTB. Three does seem harsh, especially when she couldn't get to the winner and some of the fancied horses didn't run their race.

I see Friday's race is more like 11f than 10f. She gets 9f ok on turf, but at all weather pace this could take a lot more getting. Interesting move.

If you look at the pace patterns in the majority of the 1m 2f 110 yrds races in Dundalk - they generally go a steady pace early on and wind it up down the back - may suit her - you will have a better idea of pace once the decs are done on Thursday.

Flame - bad luck with all of yours, but I wonder if I can ask if your 2 y.o. KINCRAIGHE might've had enough racing for a baby, with 10 starts since May? Most people are putting their 2 y.o.'s to bed for the winter, having got their h'cap marks after three runs, to grow them on for the New Year. That seems a fairly heavy programme to me, as does five outings in 14 days for KNOW NO FEAR. I know you do all the riding out and race planning for them yourself, not Alastair, so as you're pretty much autonomous and don't have to argue against a trainer, would you not consider freshening them up with some time off?

Krizon, of the three, Kyncraighe was the only one to emerge with any credit, he ran very well, he doesn't stay 6f, I just wanted to have a look at him. He may have had a bit of racing and a long year, but we'll see how he comes out of his race.

Know No Fear, yes ran flat, however it was 4 runs in 14 days not 5, Southwell, Kempton, Wolves & Wolves.
I just felt at Kempton and again Friday he got poor rides which hadn't taken a lot out of him. Also His Lingfield run was 12 days prior to Southwell, so that would be 5 in 26 days.
Last year he had 5 runs in ten days gaining 2 wins and 3 places, so I know he can take quick racing. However he won't run now for 2 - 3 weeks, as I hope we will now be back under the 60 mark and we could find a nice 0-60 over a mile at the end of the month. He really isn't quick enough for sprints any more.

As for Vanadium, he just never took a cut at it, didn't turn a hair or couldn't have blown a candle out. We will look to see if there is a mile race in a couple of weeks, but in my opinion he looks to have completely fallen out of love with the game.

Sadly, I have to agree with you on VANADIUM. I know they're starting to turn into woolly bears and perhaps would rather just sit around fattening themselves up for winter, but with his last win a couple of years distant, he may well have had enough, and is trying to say so. I take your points about KNF not getting too knocked about in his races.

Also Kyncraighe isn't the biggest and he doesn't shape with masses of scope to improve. He is an early sharp forward type. He is the sort of horse that could do well on the all weather in the new year when the racing is weak. I'm not sure if he was put away to the turf it would be a good thing, as a lot of more scopier 2yo / 3yo types will improve right past him.

Grey - your filly ses to be fancied tomorrow night - if she can build on her last run she will be right there - trip ok ?? Best of luck - it's a nice pot!!

Thanks, OTB.

She takes her racing well and she's in decent form. The draw shouldn't make too much difference because she likes to sit in and come through horses.

Your guess is as good as mine about the trip. My fear is that it will take more getting on the aw surface because they go that bit quicker than on turf and she mightn't see it out fully. She's not really entitled to get it on breeding.

Copper Dock runs for me tonight in the 6f sprint at Dundalk. Hopeful more than confident - poor draw in 12 - if back to his best would have a solid EW chance at 14/1!!

No cover ran very flat - at least Tom had the winner - first since July - the stable is off the cold list!! Won last year off 95 now can't get involved off 82 - running out of excuses!!!!

FANTASTIC RUN! Beautiful jumping - he loved those fences! So very pleased for you, RO. I truly thought he'd take the race at one point, just tiring a wee bit more than those who got ahead of him, perhaps, but otherwise, there was no-one else in it. Beautiful ride from Tom Scudamore - thought they were a great pairing throughout the race, and also loved the way the BALLYVESEY put himself right on a couple of occasions - very smart horse. You must be bouncing with joy!

Put a small ew on him thanks! he seemed to be loving the fences - really jumped up into contention. Back for the National ;)

Back