Forum horse connections

I presume Aim for the Stars is out of Sailbythestars -did he win a bumper at Uttoxeter on bottomless ground in his first racecourse appearance.

He is out of Sail By The Stars but it was his brother Its In The Stars who won first time out in a Uttoxeter bumper - his other siblings to race (that I know of) have been:

Speed Bonnie Boat who won a novices hurdle at Towcester and I presume has been retired to stud.

Worship The Stars who's unraced under rules but has won 11 P2Ps and a Bangor Novices Hunter Chase for his breeder.

Aim's best run so far IMO has been finishing 3rd to Like Minded in a novices hurdle at Kempton, he also finished 4th on his last start under rules on his handicap debut off 108 at Ludlow.

I always hoped Sail By The Stars would produce something as game as she was-I think running in the Hennessy on bottomless
ground took too much out of her and killed
her entusiasm even though she won once after that.

Yeah she ran well in the Hennessy and ran well in the Welsh National on her next start and won at Newbury over 3m 3f before being turned over at odds-on back at Chepstow. All in all she had a decent strike rate for a staying handicap chaser winning nearly half her career starts.

Her and Fiddling The Facts are the two staying mares I always remember - i know that FTF always seems to produce Bumper winners.

Been touch and go whether the meeting would be on the past few days but it passed a third inspection this morning.

Aim ran a blinder against a well backed horse of Alan Hill's (Viel Gluck) who fell early on the final circuit when still in there - Aim closed up between the fourth last and third last and went clear with ex-Irish rules horse Stress - we made a slight mistake at the last and Stress ran on strongly up the straight to score by 2 1/2 lengths under Mikey Ennis who is new to the East Anglia area with Aim back in second.

There were ten runners and four finishers with November's BFL Maiden runner-up Tough Cookie pulled up and the third (Salsero) a distance back.

Myself and a few other syndicate members had a couple of quid on him but he's run a brilliant race for his debut over fences against horses (Viel Gluck and Stress) who had already had experience over fences. He was fine after the race and fingers crossed if he's well tomorrow he might run again before the end of the year or come back here on 2nd January.

For anyone who's into times there's only been three horses run faster at the course in the past ten years.

Race 1 (Club Members) - 5:57
Race 2 (Mens Open) - 5:59
Race 3 (Ladies Open) - 5:58 - runners carried 11 stone
Race 4 (Restricted) - 5:59
Race 5 (Open Maiden) - 5:52
Race 6 (4/5yo Maiden 2m4f) - 4:49

The Mens Open was won by Start Royal after odds-on favourite Cedrus Libani (who didn't look great pre-race) was very reluctant to line up and gave away 30 lengths at the start before being pulled up approaching 2/3 out whilst the Ladies Open was won by the ex-Paul Nicholls trained Kicks For Free who won easily under Angela Rucker.

Martin

Last edited:
Just received confirmation by e-mail that I've been accepted into my good friend Ray's syndicate. They recently owned Flores Sea but sold him back to Ruth Carr, they're now saving the money, building a pot and looking to buy another horse around April 2011. Never ever thought I'd be in a position to even part own a racehorse and can't wait.

I blame everyone on here for their remarkable enthusiasm :D

Keep us posted as to what you get, Chef. Are you going for a Flat or NH horsey, do you yet know? It'll be nice to add another name to the 'connections' on here and track progress.

Keep us posted as to what you get, Chef. Are you going for a Flat or NH horsey, do you yet know? It'll be nice to add another name to the 'connections' on here and track progress.

Not sure to be honest kri - if I was making the decision I'd join Roddy at Peter Bowen's yard as I have a lot of time for the trainer and love the jumpers. The syndicate however are a union and the options will be put up and each member will get a vote - whichever option has the largest amount of votes will be the final decision. Either way Ray and I will be planning some visits.

Aim For The Stars is due to run back at Cottenham on Sunday in either a 3m Maiden or a 2 1/2m Maiden - there's 23 in the 3m race and only 13 in the 2 1/2m one so it's likely we'll run in the latter

He's also made the area horses to follow list in this weeks RP Weekender P2P special for the Borders area with the winner of his pointing debut in the East Anglia area horses to follow too.

Martin

Last edited:
Quattro didn`t get in so goes to Sandown next week. Royal Scoundrel did so goes in the first race tomorrow. Donal Deveroux rides

Last edited:
Bought a small share in Sail Home with Julia Feilden which runs tomorrow in the first at Southwell. Ex Juddmonte French horse and should go well in a very very weak race looking at it, if she gets beat far then I hope it's the surface and not her ability!

Very best of luck, Gamla - fingers crossed she likes the dirt!

Meanwhile, THE TATLING's 'last' race at Lingfield today might not be so, since he was to be retired by Milton Bradley if he won. The dear old soul, 14 tomorrow, beat everyone in the race, except... YOURELIKEMEFRANK, owned by our august forumite and sometime photographer Arkwright. So it's expected that Tats will be out again for race No.160 to try and retire with full-finish honours. What did amuse me was Milton saying post-race that when the horse was with Michael Bell (and had cost an original £300K), Bell was told by his vet that "this horse will never take much racing"! He was then sold on for £10,000. I imagine the vet is buried somewhere in a lonely field.

I think someone should organise a walk over for the dear horse. Nottingham or Southwell please so that I can be there. We can all clap and wave flags.

Back