Forum horse connections

Know No Fear returns to Wolves tonight (6.40) with Fergus up. We have Piper's Piping to beat, but there is enough pace on for him and least he will get a ride tonight unlike last Wednesday.

What about a Kimberlite King, Only the Best and Know No Fear treble for the forum???:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grassy - congrats on a safe and tidy round into 4th for ONLY THE BEST. Lovely-looking chap - love the way he holds his tail! Very nice start, full of promise for you.

Have to go out now so will miss the others, but hope for similarly good results.

Kimberlite King runs in the 3.35 at Down Royal today. tHe softer the better. We would have preferred to start him off over 2m4f to put less pressure on his jumping but this race is ideal for him, albeit a little short. Robbie Power rides as he has done some schooling with him. He will just try to get him jumping the first three and see where he is after that. He is a betting in running horse and if he's close enough at half way he should run well. We think he is well handicapped and the softer the better.

Well done Oran good run, also nice run by Grassys.
My two at Sandown tomorrow should run well.

Savage run Cantoris - 2nd over what would possibly be an inadequate trip - FYI involvement with six flat horses at the moment - Copper Dock 6yo Sprinter (half) Zhukhov 7 yo Sprinter , Bangalore Diamond 2 yo (half) Light the Wad 2 yo (quarter) Rattle The Latch 2 yo (quarter) Unnamed Arafa 2yo - so will keep you all informed.
Where to now - something like the Troytown maybe or is that too soon in his development??

Just saw OTB's race for the first time. Thought he jumped lovely on the first circuit, but got a little tardy in the last mile, which hopefully points to a bit of a fitness deficit today (he was expected to come on for the run).

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Savage run Cantoris - 2nd over what would possibly be an inadequate trip. Where to now - something like the Troytown maybe or is that too soon in his development??

No 2 miles is his trip. Hope the handicapper doesn't put him up much. Robbie would have preferred a lead to help with his jumping but that was a decent display and he will improve a bit for that and softer ground but 2 miles is his trip. We ran him over too far last year.

Savage run Cantoris - 2nd over what would possibly be an inadequate trip - FYI involvement with six flat horses at the moment - Copper Dock 6yo Sprinter (half) Zhukhov 7 yo Sprinter , Bangalore Diamond 2 yo (half) Light the Wad 2 yo (quarter) Rattle The Latch 2 yo (quarter) Unnamed Arafa 2yo - so will keep you all informed.
Where to now - something like the Troytown maybe or is that too soon in his development??

Rumour has it this one has been catching pigeons at home. I also heard that the syndicate will be open to any oil rich offers...

Unfortunately those were dead pidgeons it now seems!! As for the oil rich barons - he only bears a slight resemblance to a camel! Keep the faith Del - he who dares....

WHEREVERYOUGOIGO - he is a forum horsey, isn't he? There are so many, I've lost track of who owns what! Lovely 2nd at Ffos Las, hurdling, just now. Somewhat given the placing when one of the leaders sprawled several yards after the last and decanted his rider, but having made all until headed by the winner (favourite), it was a lovely round of hurdling. Went off at 10-1, very generous considering his ability.

Well, I know BALLYVESEY is a forum horse (RO - is he still watching cricket in Sri Lanka?). He was chasing today at Market Rasen, where poor DIACO met his end under Tony McCoy. Finished fifth of the remaining bunch, but jumped and travelled seemingly all right throughout.

Camira put in a nice run at Dundalk on Saturday night on her first outing on the all weather. The 7f is maybe a bit sharp for her nowadays but she made up ground in the straight to finish second without threatening the winner. She's been on the go since the spring and has had a very busy season, but there might be another race or two for her before it's over.

You won't think of keeping her going steadily through the winter on the AW, Grey? Especially as she showed so well on it.

Treble handed today at Wolverhampton, Know No Fear in the 1.30 wears visors for the first time and has Katia Scallan back on today. He threw away any chance Friday by going very wide and we have never put the headgear on him at home, so it's guesswork how much of an impact it has, however he is off a good mark, Kat takes off 7lb and is capable of going close if he fancies it.

Kyncraighe has his first run for us since joining us from Eve Johnson Houghton and is a bonny horse. He gets a bit buzzed up and is not short of toe but he gives me the impression his mark of 60 is winnable off. Today's is a strong race but a small field and with Katia on he only had 7st 8lb, and he is like a bullet out the gates and hits his stride early. We are going to play the catch me if you can tactics and whilst I feel in time 6f will prove to be his trip, I don't think he needs the tongue tie or headgear so he is running without aid today. If he gets an easy time up front under his feather weight they may not pick him up but I'm expecting him to be swamped late on but hopefully he should still give a good account of himself.

Vanadium is more of a pet than a racehorse to me, he's hard to keep sound and he sours very quick. When I bought him from Gary Moore he had already had a hard year and I really got it wrong by running him too much. He ran very well on his first few starts but went downhill after a race at Lingfield where he possibly didn't see out the mile or wasn't helped by going too wide. When we gave him a quick break, he came back okay but wasn't firing and disappointed again a couple of times.
After this he was given from the day after his last run until the middle of august out at grass and had a really good long break. We also got in a physio to do intensive work on his back and joints so he was aided by that.
Back into work it's all been done steady steady as he needs time to warm up and can't trot very well but his progress over the last 4 weeks has been extremely impressive and he worked very well on Thursday morning when possibly holding the upper hand over Know No Fear in a 7f gallop. Jemma Marshall knows him very well and gets on really well with him and whilst he is probably better over 7f, we really need to get a run into him now to bring him on and see where we are with him.
He is working well and will obviously come on for the run after his long absence but he is in really good order at home and had he had a better draw than 12 ! I would have really fancied him in a weak race like this.
That said he could have enough ability to run a big race at this level despite needing it slightly and whilst further would suit better, he can be keen so a good pace he will get here should suit. He has also just been introduced to the Aloe Vera supplement which will help his joints and that, and hopefully that can aid us to prevent us needing the use of medication to help him along.

I just hope they all run well :)

Camira put in a nice run at Dundalk on Saturday night on her first outing on the all weather. The 7f is maybe a bit sharp for her nowadays but she made up ground in the straight to finish second without threatening the winner. She's been on the go since the spring and has had a very busy season, but there might be another race or two for her before it's over.

She ran a blinder - the winner is listed class - you were a clear second best though and if Mr O Gorman isn't too harsh there is one in her before the end of the season - there is at least two decent opportunities for her

Flame: have you tried Cortaflex for joints? I've used it for my own for a couple of years and, while it's not as cheap as the over-the-counter brands, it's much more efficient. A lot of the pain due to weak cartilage is taken away by the third day of use and I've no doubt it helps to rebuild the stuff, as knees are not as stiff as when I've forgotten to use it. Well worth a try with the equine version. I know aloe vera's very good for the digestive tract as it restores the mucal lining, especially good for animals with ulcers, which most racehorses have. Also a great skin product in gel form, for burns, scars, etc.

Last edited:
WHEREVERYOUGOIGO - he is a forum horsey, isn't he? There are so many, I've lost track of who owns what! Lovely 2nd at Ffos Las, hurdling, just now. Somewhat given the placing when one of the leaders sprawled several yards after the last and decanted his rider, but having made all until headed by the winner (favourite), it was a lovely round of hurdling. Went off at 10-1, very generous considering his ability.

He`s one of mine Kri. Much better to come I promise. Good to be so close to Mediolanum who cost three figures. Look forward to meeting him again.

:D £103? I'll take it! Yes, of course he's yours, Roddy. I've slightly lost track as folks have added to their portfolios recently. Definitely more to come there - will look forward to seeing the triumphs anon.

Meanwhile, at a slightly lower level... :whistle: CARNIVAL DREAM ran a darn good race at Wolves, only to throw away a place with her usual trick of questioning her jockey as they hit the 1f mark ("What's the capital of Albania, Patrick?"). She deadheated for 4th with another dream, DREAM EXPRESS, and out of the money, the silly bint.

She ran a blinder - the winner is listed class - you were a clear second best though and if Mr O Gorman isn't too harsh there is one in her before the end of the season - there is at least two decent opportunities for her

See Camira got three for finishing second - a little harsh when the winner only got seven - I see you have her entered over 1m 2f on Friday Grey

Back