Forum horse connections

Oh and Know No Fear will still definitely win today, my prediction is 5L +. He is a cert in my opinion and have backed accordingly at 11/2, make no mistakes even at 7/2 he is outstanding value. He has been crying out for this trip and in my book he is a stone cold certainty.

Flame - thanks for putting that up - regardless of the result it's the best £20 i've bet for a long time - a real buzz - keep them coming and all the best.

Kind regards,

swedish chef.

Bangalore Diamond ran ok today - raced up with them but wouldn't let himself down on the ground and changed his legs 5 or six times in the straight. Ben said he was minding himself on the ground. He will get a mark in the low fifties now which he will have a chance off next year.

Great to see you, all the gang, and the horses at Alastair's yesterday, Flame. It was a really good 'do' and my friend (who's a lifelong friend of Songsheet's) really enjoyed meeting like-minded and 'normal' horsey people, as she put it! I can now see up close and personal just how VANADIUM would so not be suited to polo - he's a big boy! It's very misleading seeing them on tv, unless there's an obviously small one next to a whopper.

Big congrats to Arkwright for YOURELIKEMEFRANK winning at Lingfield today! I'm possibly going tomorrow to support Alastair Lidderdale's KILBURN - such a shame I wasn't there today to see Frank do the biz for you, Arkers.

Last edited:
Don't forget that if he's racing midweek, you and three others attached to him can scoff a full lunch in the restaurant for a tenner, provided you book in advance (up to the day before) by phone, FAX, or e-mail.

Twiddled my way round the ATR site and found the race - as OTB says, easy peasy indeed. He fair scooted past them once asked. Goood boy! I hope you took him some Polos?

Zhukhov runs tomorrow at Dundalk - its a rated conditions race in which Lightening Stricks is about a stone well in. He is going well at home - has had a nice break since his last run and on his last AW start where he was a close third behind Dandy Boy he would have an each way squeak. Ben Curtis rides and has won on him before. Blinkers first time which should be interesting as he is free enough at the best of times!!

Ben could be in for a well lit-up ride! Very best of fortune to you, OTB - be nice to get that pre-Christmas bonanza in!

Ben could be in for a well lit-up ride! Very best of fortune to you, OTB - be nice to get that pre-Christmas bonanza in!

He has had enough and will now be retired intact! He was my first winner and will always have a special place in my heart! Have somewhere serene for him to enjoy a well deserved but reasonably active retirement. He will be missed prancing around the parade rings of Ireland and carting unsuspecting jockeys at a furious pace to the start!! Five wins and placed 18 times he has more than paid his way and given his all for five hugely enjoyable seasons. A little star!!:<3:

Hats off to you, OTB, for rewarding 'the General'. Sounds like he was a great character as well as a most genuine horse. Happy trails to him.

Weather permitting Aim For The Stars makes his debut for us in the Open Maiden at Cottenham on Sunday - looks like being fit to race judged on the weather reports and those from the Clerk of the Course.

Likely to be up against ex-Tom George Tank Top and ex-Ferdy Murphy trained Viel Gluck (now with Alan Hill) - also entered on the card are Tumbling Dice, Soleil Fix, Mount Benger and Cedrus Libani in the Mens Open and Big Moment, Roddy's horse Five Seven Live and Kicks For Free in the Ladies Open along with one of the North's top pointers/hunter chasers from 2009/10 in the shape of Quotica De Poyans who is engaged in both the Mens and Ladies Opens (along with stablemate Minouchka in the Ladies) and stablemate Rapidolyte De Ladalke in the Restricted.

Martin

What's very interesting about that line-up is seeing where some horses have ended up: TANK TOP, TUMBLING DICE, SOLEIL FIX and CEDRUS LIBANI in particular. I liked TANK TOP a great deal - incredibly tall animal - but he did seem to get flustered at times, particularly nearing the finish. I'm glad he's still going with perhaps less pressure on him now, and in much smaller fields (from what I've seen of ptp so far, which isn't much - only South Godstone). Very likeable beast, hope he goes round happily and safely.

Are you connected to AFTS, IS?

Last edited:
That's lovely! Have you seen him up close yet, IS? Are you able to put up a piccy for us to admire some time? I know we can usually see forum horseys on RUK and ATR, or Ch.4, but ptp's are a different kettle o'fish. Be nice to see him, either in a still, or a link to any recording of his race/s in due time, per-lease.

Good luck to Zhukhov, he deserves a long retirement. I'm sure the stable will miss him.

Martin, who is the new trainer, will the horse be back under rules later in the season?

Will try and get a pic up from the race day if possible - saw him at the Owners Day back in July along with some of his stablemates and some of Michael's rules horses and he's strengthened up - touch wood he'll be on ATR or RUK in a Hunter Chase eventually but we'll take it step by step :)

The trainer is Maz Scudamore (Tom and Michael's mum) - unsure if he'll be back under rules but I'm hoping he'll run in a Hunter Chase at some point in 2011. If he does go under rules it will be after the P2P season ends at the start of June (so he's still eligible for P2P's in 2011/12).

Best of luck with him Stampy - seems like a hot enough race!! Last chance to put a turkey on the table for Christmas tomorrow night at Dundalk. Copper Dock runs in the wide open 6f handicap - coffin box again in 13, empty reached when I saw the decs and draw!!

Oh, poor horsey - he's entitled to think the draw's a fix! Hope he does run well for you, OTB, otherwise it'll be chicken nuggets for you!

Back