Forum horse connections

When you look at her relatives, especially her Mummy, she really has some class to her, Gamla. I'm sure there are more races there, and that she could manage another furlong or two. Hope Jimmy was positive about her, but he couldn't have had a much more facile ride - she seemed to work well for him, doing as instructed and going straight as a die down the final run.

I'd personally like to see her at Lingfield, of course! Her 'pick-axe' shaped facial marking is very striking and makes her easy to see, even with a bit of dust on her face.

Best of luck with your doglet, too - which trainer are you using? My friend Carol, who co-bred TRY THE CHANCE with me and has shares in some Lidderdale horses, is a dog nut - she probably has around a dozen in training here (Hove), in Ireland, and at Wimbledon. She has dogs with Claude Gardiner and Derek Knight. I think we'll be up on Sunday for the decent brunch they do for £6.95, as she's bound to have something running, and don't forget they're doing 2-4-1 dinners on Thursdays. Bargain!

She's with Jason Heath Kri, if you've been on the last two Sundays you will have seen her run. Currently named Fortuna Black but will be renamed "Commence Waving" by next week, only had 3 runs for us with a win and a desperately unlucky 2nd. If she traps well on Saturday, she'll be incredibly hard to beat.

Well Done Gamla - you'll be chuffed.
Best time for this stakes distance and 4yo+ for a couple of years :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good luck to Kauto with his €150,000Y Holy Roman Emperor filly from the family of Dar Re Mi and Rewilding. Runs in the 12.30 at Lingfield.

Well done for yesterday. Bit late notice but hopefully it will take a good one to beat her and she is probably worth a small tickle for all those that do have a bet.

Sorry about that got badly struck into so Caitlin left her alone. Going to be cleaned up and need some stitches but hopefully will be ok.

I'll look out for your doggie, Gamla! Yes, was there last Sunday, but we were a bit distracted by the catering staff managing to bugger-up pretty much everything that was supposed to be laid on for Rod Woodroffe's 60th birthday party there, and I probably didn't notice. Rod and his partner Jill have a few dogs, so there's no end of interest with them, Carol's, and one of her friends who's in syndicated canines.

Sorry to hear about your horse, Kauto - thank God it missed a tendon and mucked her up really badly. There's an awful lot of striking-into going on, it seems, now about as much in NH as on the Flat. Early close bunching of the fields and wham! Up the bum of the one in front and so easy to slice into the back of a leg or into the pastern. Fingers crossed for her full recovery.

I'll look out for your doggie, Gamla! Yes, was there last Sunday, but we were a bit distracted by the catering staff managing to bugger-up pretty much everything that was supposed to be laid on for Rod Woodroffe's 60th birthday party there, and I probably didn't notice. Rod and his partner Jill have a few dogs, so there's no end of interest with them, Carol's, and one of her friends who's in syndicated canines.

Fortuna Black won at 6/4 Kri having opened at 2/1. She should keep improving through the grades!

Wowee! Marvellous, Gamla - very pleased for you and, presumably, your wallet! I do hope to be up at the track when she runs again.

Incidently, I know Julia still has some shares available in Sail Home at the price she was charging BEFORE her win so if anyone is interested then drop me a PM as it's pretty affordable as far as shares in racehorses go.

It has been decided to prepare Raise The Beat for the Cheltenham bumper. He might go straight there without another run.

Thanks, Sheikh. Colm definitely thinks he has improved since his last run.

Regarding Naas, Trackside, the problem is that the race is scheduled for 20 Feb, which is getting a bit late if you're going to Cheltenham. Colm would rather run him at Gowran on Friday, provided the going is not too unsuitable. The chances of that happening don't seem very strong, however.

Back