Forum horse connections

Thanks, Crazy - that will be great to see those colours flying again! Maybe you can put up a photo of her some time, please?

You'relikemefrank wins again, Arkwright is a happy looking bunny in the winner's enclosure. Well done to him and all concerned, especially Graham Gibbons who got first run in the straight and hung on well.

Sheikh Arkwright is represented again later today at Wolverhampton with Tobayornottobay. Hope he's not too drunk to watch the race ;)

Quattro got in at Sandown, Jamie Moore rides. Going will be desperate judging by Fontwell today. Anway lucky to get in so go with it

He can't get drunk - he's showing up for work in 10 minutes' time! Fabulous result again, John Balding is doing a great job, and so is GG - the demon team!

Last edited:
My mums horse Pontyates run today at Chepstow,they are hoping it runs a place its around 28/1 at moment,needed the run last time in a weaker race at ffos las.fingers crossed it gets home ok

Chuffed 2 bits with frank,hopefully more 2 come.lily will be dropped back in trip for a similar race.now on my travels to the reebok 2 see that premier league (well blue sq prem) team that grey referred to in the fa cup.

Third just now for the hurdling WHEREVERYOUGOIGO (Roddy, doesn't he have a snappy little stable name??!), ploughing along gallantly if under some pressure. Delighted for the ever-charming Anabel King, though, getting her first-ever double with a win with DORMOUSE, duking it out all the way to the line under a whipless AP against Lovely Leighton - just shows, he can squeeeeeze a win out of them when need be!

He`s named after my wife Ruth ,Kri( whos turn it was to name the horse but she couldnt think of a name, I even held a comp on Neigh ) Therefore I named it after the Moabite woman in the book of Ruth in the old testament. She was asked to leave home as her mistress had fallen on hard times,but her response was "Whereveryougoigo". I aint changing it but will ask the stable girls what they use. 2.5 next time for us and no visor.

:D Always good to hear any stories behind the names, Rory. It's not that it's that long, it's just that when I type it I get WHERVEYUOGIGO and other mis-types which look like Welsh railway stations - fingers just don't seem to want to work properly! So if he's called Bert, so much the better!

Sail Home runs in the 1.30 Southwell tomorrow over 1m3f in a maiden. A shockingly bad race and I would think it would be between us and the Swinbank bumper horse.

Most interesting insight there, Luke. I wish we could have a few more of those posted when people know of them. It adds to the fleshing-out of relationships between trainers, owners, new owners, and why people go with a particular yard, or, conversely, why they might pull out of one.

Kri - after Reading through the Ho Jo, Pearce and Huffer debacles I would like to give an insight into a Trainer who balances the scale hopefully.

My first involvement with race horse ownership came after a skiing holiday seven years ago ( where I also met my wife) when a group of eight oc us decided to buy the next Irish trained Gold Cup winner at the following June's Derby sale at Goffs. A Mr Tom McCourt was to bid for us and train him ( his sister was on the trip). We bought a fine strapping gelding for 18,000 and the dream began. It didn't last long as he broke his back jumping from a paddock two days later.
Undeterred we leased a filly in replacement who again got fatally injured a couple of weeks before her eagerly awaited debut. The syndicate understandably disbanded but I persevered alone in leasing a big grey gelding who was placed a couple if times but developed a heart complaint and had to be retired.
I had a further false start with two friends after we bought a flat winner from the UK to run over hurdles. He was a medium sized athletic coward unfortunately.
I decided to have one last lash and agreed to buy a young bumper type horse from Tom. I didn't have my cheque book with me so arranged to meet Tom and pay him the next tome we met which happened to be 3 weeks later. Cheque exchanged everybody happy - I received the dreaded call five days later. Again serious injury struck but was told my cheque was being posted back to me! Maximum respect for that and we have enjoyed ten winners together over the last three years.
He is a man of integrity and honour and is an absolute credit to his profession.

Back