Forum horse connections

Good luck Stan. Will you ask Julia to run Night Orbit in a handicap on polytrack please. I'm sure the horse is on a winning mark but resents fibresand. Once it got out of the kickback the other day, the ground it mde up the other day was ridiculous. Hasn't gone a yard previously on the surface and sire stats there are poor too. Would win a 0-60 on poly I'm convinced!

Very similar to Celtic Dane who gou up to roughly that mark. Hopefully hae handicapper will relent and give him a chance. What are you rated going into next season?

Very similar to Celtic Dane who gou up to roughly that mark. Hopefully hae handicapper will relent and give him a chance. What are you rated going into next season?

72 on turf and 77 on AW - we have had every scan, scope, camera in every orrifice etc etc but to no avail! Sent on holidays for a couple of months and will do a complete lung wash and check when he gets back. Just hope he hasn't just had enough - he's now 7.

Del Boy - I was talking to Irish Stamp at the time OTB posted. He said "I'm surprisd Tom McCourt didn't give him a cheque to stay away from the yard..." OTB - nice marks if you can get him going.

Great stuff, OTB - though I bet every horse for sale you look at clenches its buttocks tightly and thinks, "No, please, not me, guv - I want to live!" A run of bad luck which would be farcical were it not quite tragic for the horses (and your bank balance). Let's hope the better scenario continues to grow all the time, and maybe we'll all be congratulating you on a Gold Cup from somewhere, soon! God knows you'll deserve it.

Your litany of tragedy OTB reminds me very strongly of when I first started out breeding the b*oody things.... Had six years of one loss and tragedy after the other which m ade me seriously think of chucking the towel in - except you get fond of your mares, of course. Tragedy moved to a seriously long run of filly foals and then luck turned up with a run of colts, decent market and good returns, so luck does change!!

All the best with your current horse(s) and I hope they stsy upright, breathing and winning for you!!!

A similar story to Ballydoyle,Irish Stamps and my first venture into ownership,albeit a syndicate. Original horse was killed in paddock,replacement went wrong so we were left with Molly who had one run for us and we were then given another replacement, just for fun, who had about two runs IIRC. Certainly a learning curve though.

Well done, Gamla, SAIL HOME, and Julia Feilden! Sparkling effort in what looked like quite deeply-harrowed dirt at Southwell. Super job by Jimmy Quinn, eeeeasing to the line quite cheekily. Lovely job.

Cheers Kri, thought she did it well and hopefully won't start handicaps off too high a mark after that either. Should be lots more to come with her.

Gamla Stan having a leg in a winning second favourite in a vile each way race is the most fitting winning owner of 2011 thus far...

Still unexposed though. 5lb would not have stopped her today. Obviously acts at Southwell but will be fun finding out if she acts at the other tracks.

Didn't manage to see it but well done to all - good team behind the horse too with Julia & Jimmy is always good value.

Not sure, would think we'd be looking at a handicap back at Southwell, could even go a smidge further with her too.

The dog I have a share in is out at Hove on Sat night too and should start fav. Amazingly having a good time of animal ownership, about time!

Mojeer was only 4 1/2 lengths back in third and has been beaten in handicaps in the 40's on his last 2 starts. Can't imagine she'll get hit for today, but the handicapper might go back and have a look at the british debut form. Pair clear with Prescott horse that's won twice since with nothing with a handicap mark holding that form down.

Southwell: Juddmonte cast-off sails home

By Bloodstock World Staff 1:55PM 13 JAN 2011
TRAINER Julia Feilden appears to have unearthed a gem from October's Tattersalls Autumn horses in training sale, with her 3,500gns purchase Sail Home breaking her maiden impressively on her second start for her new owners at Southwell on Thursday.
Four-year-old filly Sail Home raced prominently and was pushed clear over one furlong from home, and livedup to her name by being eased towards the finish to beat odds-on First Rock by one and three-quarter lengths.
14445.jpg
Julia Feilden: trains Sail Home
PICTURE: Mark Cranham
Sail Home was offered by her owner-breeders Juddmonte at Tattersalls, having run three times in France for trainer David Smaga. Her best effort at the time of her sale came when fourth on her debut last June.
The filly is by Juddmonte's Kentucky-based sire Mizzen Mast, whose greatest stud achievements include siring Hollywood Gold Cup winner Mast Track and Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap winner Midships.
She is out of Lingfield Oaks Trial Stakes scorer Bristol Channel, a Generousthree-parts sister to Grand Criterium winner and 1993 Derby odds-on favourite Tenby.
Bristol Channel was also let go by Juddmonte, selling for 5,500gns to Rachid Brothers at the 2009 Tattersalls December breeding stock sale.
Sail Home's grand-dam is Solario Stakes winner Shining Water, who aside from Tenby also produced stakes performers Bright And Clear, Bude, Bright Water, Glistening and River Usk.
Shining Water is out of Bob Crutchley's fine broodmare Idle Waters, winner of the Park Hill Stakes and also ancestress of Group 3 winner Gower Song and Oaks runner-up Something Exciting.

Well done.

Back