Forum horse connections

Aim didn't run today on account of the fast ground (well watered but quickening all the time) - onwards to Chaddesley Corbett next week :)

My fella Kikos runs tomorrow in the 5.00pm at Towcester. Race has cut up even further since the initial entries and he only faces 3 rivals tomorrow. Irish Guard, Beherayn and Red Jester provide the opposition and i'd like to think he has a good chance against all three. Irish Guard would be the one i'd be most worried about.

He's had a breathing op since he last run and the ground will be ideal for him. I'm slightly concerned about the Towcester hill because he's never seen his races out quite the way you'd like but if the op has worked he should take the beating.

Thanks - I'll be the young idiot in a suit jumping around the winners enclosure if he gets his head in front!!!

Very nice performance, Roddy. He's grown into a very strong looking horse, and presumably he's expected to come on a bit from that? There should be plenty to look forward to.

Stargazy is completely flying at home and comes to Folkestone today better than ever. he really hates the idea of retirement and although he aint a nice ride and happily flips his lid, he is working very well. He probably does want 7f but they will go quick here and I wouldn't write him off today, if it was 7f I would be having my brains on him.

Diddums is my other runner in the same race and he is reportedly better on turf than aw, he comes here in good form but he is quirky.

If the race was run at a decent pace it would suit Diddums and I feel both would have a chance to win here.

However Stargazy has not been this well in a very long time and he worked very impressively on Thursday, he's always been a work horse who when challenged or headed gives in, and works only okay, but since a good holiday and a lot of hard work, I can safely say he feels a different horse this season. Also we feel we have cracked his issue of slow starting.

They have never worked together but they have both worked with Kyncraighe and off level weights Kyncraighe is 1-2L better than Diddums, yet Star gave Kyncriaghe around 1.5st on Thursday and Craig only got within 3/4L of a length of him.

I know he never does it first time back, but something feels very different with him this year and I think he might just leave these for dead today.

I will be having a good bet on Star today and I think if we get a good pace, he is an absolute moral.

Stargazy is completely flying at home and comes to Folkestone today better than ever. he really hates the idea of retirement and although he aint a nice ride and happily flips his lid, he is working very well. He probably does want 7f but they will go quick here and I wouldn't write him off today, if it was 7f I would be having my brains on him.

Diddums is my other runner in the same race and he is reportedly better on turf than aw, he comes here in good form but he is quirky.

If the race was run at a decent pace it would suit Diddums and I feel both would have a chance to win here.

However Stargazy has not been this well in a very long time and he worked very impressively on Thursday, he's always been a work horse who when challenged or headed gives in, and works only okay, but since a good holiday and a lot of hard work, I can safely say he feels a different horse this season. Also we feel we have cracked his issue of slow starting.

They have never worked together but they have both worked with Kyncraighe and off level weights Kyncraighe is 1-2L better than Diddums, yet Star gave Kyncriaghe around 1.5st on Thursday and Craig only got within 3/4L of a length of him.

I know he never does it first time back, but something feels very different with him this year and I think he might just leave these for dead today.

I will be having a good bet on Star today and I think if we get a good pace, he is an absolute moral.

Thats the type of confidence I love to see in a trainer!!

Well done Roddy - Had a nice little touch on him myself. Showed great determination and a good positive ride from Tom O'Brien.

Back