Forum horse connections

Kauto, I don't read this thread too often, but do you have any other horses at the mo?

I have Monitor Closely, Strong Vigilance, Trendline (ran yesterday) and two 2 year olds one a Dark Angel colt named Sovereign Debt and a Nayef still to be named. Then I have the share in Zaynar and According.

With that fantastic pedigree you'd be wanting to get a win at least out of Trend Line, Kauto, and I can't see you being disappointed. That race yesterday was very slowly-run and that can't have suited her. A step up in trip and/or stronger pace will be just the ticket, I'd have thought.

I never thought I'd be joining this exalted company but I have a quarter-share in a two-year-old filly, Supreme Quest, who makes her debut in the first at Windsor on Monday evening. This is my first involvement as an owner in my own right although I did, a few years back, inherit with my three brothers a fifth share in a filly with James Fanshawe which my dad owned at the time of his death. Despite my best efforts I can't get out of my work commitments on Monday so I'll be watching in a betting shop near the office.

With that fantastic pedigree you'd be wanting to get a win at least out of Trend Line, Kauto, and I can't see you being disappointed. That race yesterday was very slowly-run and that can't have suited her. A step up in trip and/or stronger pace will be just the ticket, I'd have thought.

I never thought I'd be joining this exalted company but I have a quarter-share in a two-year-old filly, Supreme Quest, who makes her debut in the first at Windsor on Monday evening. This is my first involvement as an owner in my own right although I did, a few years back, inherit with my three brothers a fifth share in a filly with James Fanshawe which my dad owned at the time of his death. Despite my best efforts I can't get out of my work commitments on Monday so I'll be watching in a betting shop near the office.

Good luck on Monday hopefully the first of many wins for you.

Best of luck for your debutante, Gus - big shame you can't get to see her in person, but I'm sure you will in future.

Very gallant effort from NO PANIC in the Scottish National - good solid round, came back safe and sound, it looks, in around 10th, I think.

Awful run by FAREER - he really doesn't like being held up, especially when they positively crawled for the first 6 fulongs. Should have tried to make it from the front. Not saying he would have won, though but it couldn't have been worse!!

I thought the same - rather than waste the horse's energy in fighting it, just let it bowl on and use it positively. Also felt that far too much effort went into keeping others in than letting him run his own race.

Don't worry, Jules, by the time FAREER hits 10, they'll have worked out the key to him!

Last edited:
I have Monitor Closely, Strong Vigilance, Trendline (ran yesterday) and two 2 year olds one a Dark Angel colt named Sovereign Debt and a Nayef still to be named. Then I have the share in Zaynar and According.

Dark Angel has certainly started well. Look forward to reading about them during the season. I'm not a flat man so generally switch off for the Summer.

Well, NH doesn't switch off for the summer, either, Cantoris, so you won't be hibernating too much. Unless you disdain 'summer jumping'?

Aim For The Stars ran in the final race at Chaddesley Corbett yesterday, he was never jumping with any fluency and was losing lengths at most of his fences, he travelled well to lead 3 out and over the second last but was headed between the last two and unseated at the last when a length down and held by Plettenburg. Aim is fine bar a small cut on his head - probably from a clash of heads with the jockey who has hurt his mouth/jaw though not sure how badly.

Waiting to hear how he is this morning but providing he's sound he'll probably run again this season providing we get some rain.

Thanks, everyone.

All in all, it was a pretty satisfying run, I thought. More importantly, so did the trainer. He is fairly sure she'll be suited by six furlongs in due course and very sure that the faster the ground the better she'll be.

All we need now is for her next run to be a time and date I can attend.

You could do a Dorothy Paget and insist on it, Gus! Same as Mrs Bingham with MON MOME - he has to be fitted round her international Bridge tournaments!

Oh, I'm not complaining. She needs to run in the right race for her - it being convenient to me is of secondary importance. And, to be fair, there are three other owners, all based in the South. If you live up North, as I do, and you choose to have an interest in a horse trained at Beckhampton, it's the price you pay. Chances are I'll be able to make it for her next run in any event.

Diddums runs tomorrow in the 8.20, affectionately known as Dids or P Diddy, or even the Notorious PIG. God knows how he will run, he's a bit of a gangster.

Back