Forum horse connections

There aren't enough rude words in the dictionary, dearest! I'm actually really angry for the horse (and for the breeder). Dungplop isn't the sharpest knife in the training drawer, so the horse is already hampered by that, but Hills rode the horse as if it was never capable of being put into the race. Jesusaitch, I couldn't have done any worse on it!

Hamm's on a wind-up, or in need of a sight test. Or perhaps can tell us how the horse could've won without having a jump-jet pack strapped to his rear.

I like the horse, and have backed him several times (he's a looker with plenty of ability). He has had a lot of chances now, hasn't delivered and is one to be avoided. I don't see why saying that is such a big deal. I still wouldn't mind seeing him winning but think something would have to change (a change in scenery could work).

I like the horse, and have backed him several times (he's a looker with plenty of ability). He has had a lot of chances now, hasn't delivered and is one to be avoided. I don't see why saying that is such a big deal. I still wouldn't mind seeing him winning but think something would have to change (a change in scenery could work).

Got to agree with Hamm here, I love the horse. Had a chunk on when he won this race last year when Hills gave him an amazing ride but he's not looked the same horse of late.

Gamla, 'not looking the same' doesn't make the horse a hound. I'd love to know how you think a horse which wants to try could've done anything better today given the position in which Hills managed to shove him. I'm really angry for the horse - this made him look like a selling plater today and he is so not that. If you owned him, I doubt you'd have been slapping the jockey on the back afterwards. I know where I'd be slapping him.

From the yard, right? Sean Boyce on ATR had been very keen on him before the race and has since generously excused Hill's piss-poor antics by saying having got in among other runners he had nowhere to go, had to sit and suffer, yadda-yadda, and when he managed to extricate the horse, flew the last one and a bit furlongs. Wonderful, Dick, to get a few yardsworth of dash at the end. Otherwise, bollocks.

Our new syndicate is now full so going to the sales in a few weeks. Looking forward to sharing the photos if we pick up something. It's the first time I've filled a syndicate before buying which has amazed me, given the climate. And have a waiting list for the next one so might buy one on spec and sell after we have him. He'll have to be slightly cheaper though.

Christ that was unlucky,beaten a head by an AP hotpot. Must have run to about 120. That was a serious gamble guys which nearly came off. Still breathless

bonfire due to run in baden baden (ok, its 2 weeks off yet), in a handicap2. to be honest, quite excited even by the thought of it, its been a long time since we had a runner there....

Yes, as per Colin's post, RO.

Crazy, big-big good luck to BONFIRE - I really hope he wins this for you. He's a game little fellow and has done so well to now.

Das ist sehr guht! :blink: And even very good, Crazy! Congratulations all round.

Flame's DIDDUMS continues to place with a 3rd at Bath just now.

I went to Newbury last night for Supreme Quest's third run which was a bit disappointing, really. The first and second pulled clear of the field. Given that she had previous form with both of them and was better off with them at last night's weights she should have been at least fighting out the finish but she dropped away and lost quite a lot of ground in the final furlong to finish fourth. She's by Exceed And Excel but she's quite stoutly-bred on the dam's side and there was every reason to think she'd be suited by 6f but the general feeling is she didn't get the trip and I think she's certain to be dropped back to 5f next time out.

I went to Newbury last night for Supreme Quest's third run which was a bit disappointing, really. The first and second pulled clear of the field. Given that she had previous form with both of them and was better off with them at last night's weights she should have been at least fighting out the finish but she dropped away and lost quite a lot of ground in the final furlong to finish fourth. She's by Exceed And Excel but she's quite stoutly-bred on the dam's side and there was every reason to think she'd be suited by 6f but the general feeling is she didn't get the trip and I think she's certain to be dropped back to 5f next time out.

Tough luck mate.

Back