Forum horse connections

Well done team. Hope I can contribute at Punch in the 5.0pm. Must say mightily impressed by IRT marketing and offers to owners,better than the dry muffins. Much better than UK.Unfortunately can`t make the trip.

Simpson Millar

I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread for a few days but I see there's been plenty of runners, so congratulaions and commiserations to all those with runners. I hope to be joining you in a few weeks as I just received this e-mail.
-----------------------------------

Hello Everyone - Everything is in hand on the admin side. The horse will be named Simpson Millar and will run in our colours. You should have received an e-mail with photos attached of the horse.

The latest report from Noel Wilson is that the horse is very straightforward to train. He eats up well, goes out and does his work and seems to be standing up to it well physically, with no signs of sore shins, which bedvevil a lot of 2 year olds.

I believe we are on course to run in two or three weeks.
------------------------------------

The horse has been named after our sponsors and we will recieve double sponsorship plus £200 each time he runs which will help with the expenses. I have 5 photo's of him individual or slideshow but I'm damned if I can figure out how to download them on here, they are atached to the e-mail in jpeg form so is there anyone with the know how?

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/SwedishChef51/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread for a few days but I see there's been plenty of runners, so congratulaions and commiserations to all those with runners. I hope to be joining you in a few weeks as I just received this e-mail.
-----------------------------------

Hello Everyone - Everything is in hand on the admin side. The horse will be named Simpson Millar and will run in our colours. You should have received an e-mail with photos attached of the horse.

The latest report from Noel Wilson is that the horse is very straightforward to train. He eats up well, goes out and does his work and seems to be standing up to it well physically, with no signs of sore shins, which bedvevil a lot of 2 year olds.

I believe we are on course to run in two or three weeks.
------------------------------------

The horse has been named after our sponsors and we will recieve double sponsorship plus £200 each time he runs which will help with the expenses. I have 5 photo's of him individual or slideshow but I'm damned if I can figure out how to download them on here, they are atached to the e-mail in jpeg form so is there anyone with the know how?

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/SwedishChef51/?albumview=slideshow

Thanks trudij - I think I've managed it but I have repeated one picture.

Very best of luck to him and all of you, Chef. You'll be able to pick him out in a field any time, with those white highlights! He looks super and you've got a very nice deal from the sponsors - whoever put that together for y'all, well done.

Sail Home runs today in the 4.50 Yarmouth. She's working well at home but Julia is a little worried about the ground and Adam will walk the course before deciding if she'll run or not.

I personally think she needs further than 1m2f as well as softer ground so part of me hopes she doesn't run. If she does and she goes on the ground though, she's got to have a chance in a very weak race.

Good luck if she does run Stan.

Kikos been stung four pounds for a neck defeat the other day. Kick us while we're down Mr Handicapper..... He will struggle to win back off 119 now which is a shame.

A belated first runner of the year for me (1/4 share) Light The Wad runs in a 10f maiden at Naas tomorrow evening. He certainly is no world beater and the best we can hope for from him is a small handicap on soft ground at a regional track towards the end of the year. He might be a fun horse for the season but would definitely be the lowest on the pecking order at the moment.

New colt foal for me on the weekend,Flemensfirth/Glacial Missile

Flemensfirth/ Glacial Missile 2011,new colt foal

Attachments

• Photo0173bow.jpg
    Photo0173bow.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo0176bow.jpg
    Photo0176bow.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
Congrats, Roddy, best of luck.

I see that Light The Wad is by Rakti, OTB. He couldn't possibly be as fiery as his father, who behaved more like an angry bull than a racehorse, but does LTW show any of the same tendencies?

Rakti going to post like a lunatic in that Queen Anne was the funniest thing I had ever seen, especially when I had backed Valixir quite heavily!

Rakti going to post like a lunatic in that Queen Anne was the funniest thing I had ever seen, especially when I had backed Valixir quite heavily!

What a great day that was! I lumped on Valixir on course only after I saw the antics that Rakti (odds-on) was getting up to. Sharmardal was the icing on the cake in the St James’s Palace.

Congrats, Roddy, best of luck.

I see that Light The Wad is by Rakti, OTB. He couldn't possibly be as fiery as his father, who behaved more like an angry bull than a racehorse, but does LTW show any of the same tendencies?

No - quiet as a mouse - he's on the small lightish side and didnt really thrive through the winter - nothing like his Dad unfortunately :(

Sail Home runs today in the 4.50 Yarmouth. She's working well at home but Julia is a little worried about the ground and Adam will walk the course before deciding if she'll run or not.

I personally think she needs further than 1m2f as well as softer ground so part of me hopes she doesn't run. If she does and she goes on the ground though, she's got to have a chance in a very weak race.

Well done GS she toughed it out well!!

Back