Forum horse connections

Diddums returning after his victory yesterday.

Fair to say the owner was pleased with the victory.

116DiddumsKatiaScallan.jpg

Sail Home runs again tonight in the 8.35 Pontefract, a fillies handicap over 1m2f. She's drawn one and the track should suit, I've not spoke to Julia but I imagine the plan is for Adam to front run with her again after the success at Yarmouth.

The rain has come which will help too and I think she has an excellent chance. The Cumani horse is favourite but I'm more worried about the Johnston filly and the unexposed Rios Rosanna.

Fingers crossed for you and the adorable Julia. Give her a 'lucky charm' hug from me, Gamla! She says I always seem to work for her at Brighton, so I hope the shamrock touch doesn't dissipate over the miles up north.

We should run well with Wherever at Stratford tonight. Going to take the old woman for a rare racing outing as well. Had myself a nice Canadian on Bowen`s just in case. You`ll hear the howl in Killarney if it looks like progressing.

Sail Home got very warm before the race last night and was being a bit of a madame in the saddling box and the paddock. John seemed to think the big crowd and the blaring Irish band by the parade ring unsettled her.

Adam also said she hated the track and she kept hesitating on her strides over the undulations.

There will be other days with her.

We should run well with Wherever at Stratford tonight. Going to take the old woman for a rare racing outing as well. Had myself a nice Canadian on Bowen`s just in case. You`ll hear the howl in Killarney if it looks like progressing.

Congrats on Wherever's win Roddy - :)

Last edited:
Well done Roddy and very appropiate the wife was there after naming the horse - hopefullly if Neigh ever comes back online we can chat about it...

I have my first 2 year old runner of the year at Newmarket on Saturday in the 4.35pm Sovereign Debt. He is a Dark Angel colt and has been working nicely at home with Apostle and did a taking piece of work Wednesday when for a 2 year old he looked quite professional. Hoping for a nice run and another good stat for the sire.

Ran with considerable promise, I thought.

I can't speak for Killarney, but at around 7.30 local time here in Brussels neighbours were startled by a series of whoops.

Well done to all who had winners in the last few days. Kauto's Sovereign Debt also ran well, it seems.

Last edited:
Ran with considerable promise, I thought.

Yeah was chuffed with it. Got outpaced and buffeted about when they quickened but when the penny dropped was running on nicely. Eddie Ahern seemed to think he will make up into a lovely horse so fingers crossed.

Will you try to keep Fast Eddie for SOVEREIGN DEBT, Kauto? I really like the guy - I think he's as fine a horseman as you'll get. Does he still go hunting when he's over in Ireland? He seems to like a go on all sorts of horses.

I just can't find the time to keep up with or watch all the runners on this thread - so congratulations and commiserations, whichever is appropriate to all those who have had, or will have runners ;)

Should have Quattrocento and Mike Towey at ffos Las tomorrow. Both should run well. Not looking forward to the four hour drive though

Will you try to keep Fast Eddie for SOVEREIGN DEBT, Kauto? I really like the guy - I think he's as fine a horseman as you'll get. Does he still go hunting when he's over in Ireland? He seems to like a go on all sorts of horses.

Definitely a great man to mark a horse whatever else ...

Good luck to Flame with his CLONE DEVIL on 2 y.o. debut at Goodwood, and especially to DIDDUMS with his sixth run of the month at the same venue.

Hamm - I hadn't heard of that. If he does stripe them, he'd be getting whip bans, surely? Not that I haven't seen Lanfranco rubbing away the stripe marks before going into the winner's enclosure, too.

Back