Forum horse connections

Nicely called, OTB - when are you opening that tipping line?

Thanks, Roddy, for the info on WYGIGO. I wonder if he's feeling a little bit sore in his back for some reason? You never know unless checks are made, but there could be tiny arthritic twinges, a slight bruise, or something like that. They often don't want to stretch when that's the case. But whatever, hope he comes all right in future. You do have some loveable horses!

We went for a touch at Worc in the bumper last night.It turned out to be surely one of the best bumpers in the year,but thankfully we succeeded.

We went for a touch at Worc in the bumper last night.It turned out to be surely one of the best bumpers in the year,but thankfully we succeeded.

Did it very nicely as well - I had a message from a friend that there was going to be a late gamble on Gem Mill last night - any truth in that Roddy?

We bet it but didn`t budget for the winner. Not that I`d wish it to happen but he all but fell three out. The diff to the win double returns were enormous

Well done to Kauto on a battling win by Sovereign Debt.Despite winning a few quid on it last time and backing the winner that came out of that race at Sandown last week I laid him at 2.3 with the intention of trading out but I managed to make a complete balls of it.

Well done to Kauto on a battling win by Sovereign Debt.Despite winning a few quid on it last time and backing the winner that came out of that race at Sandown last week I laid him at 2.3 with the intention of trading out but I managed to make a complete balls of it.

Well done Kauto - I had a bet on that one as well today at Ascot - didn't realise he was yours or I would have looked you up. Did you come over and talk to John Manley today?

I wasn't there yesterday unfortunately so it wouldn't have been me talking to John Manley. Think SD defo worth more than the winning margin as he was still a bit green and im not sure being trapped wide helped. He'll certainly improve as well for a step up to 7f that's for sure.

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar is out again on Tuesday at Beverley - I haven't heard anything yet except he's recovered from his sore shins. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything positive.

Soverign Debt did it well I believe - well done Kauto.

Zhukhov made his comeback from retirement with a very pleasing staying on 9th at Fairyhouse yesterday. Am away for the week but hope to get back for the Curragh on saturday as both Copper Dock and Zhukhov are ready to go!!

Should run Quattro and Wherever at Cartmel this week. Looks a long drive from the South. Any advice guys?

I'ts a pity ryanair cancelled their two daily return flights to Blackpool from stanstead on June 3rd as that would have been ideal. You could have hired a car at Blackpool and driven to Cartmel.

I've searched all possibilities and so far it looks a nightmare journey, driving may be the only sensible option.

Alternatively:

1) From Amersham take the Metropolitan Line

2) Change lines at Kings Cross St. Pancras to the Victoria Line to Euston

3) Leave the train at Euston

Euston to Blackpool - change at Preston -about 2hr 50 min

Pre -hired car from Blackpool North Station to Cartmel Racecourse - about 1hr

Celebratory drink on train back to Euston.

Last edited:
Soverign Debt did it well I believe - well done Kauto.

Zhukhov made his comeback from retirement with a very pleasing staying on 9th at Fairyhouse yesterday. Am away for the week but hope to get back for the Curragh on saturday as both Copper Dock and Zhukhov are ready to go!!

Was he fit and well OTB? I chucked a few quid at him yesterday and think his turn will come soon. He ran quite well yesterday although the ride wasn't fantastic.

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar is out again on Tuesday at Beverley - I haven't heard anything yet except he's recovered from his sore shins. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything positive.

Trainer's opinion is if he runs to his home form he should be in the mix.

small e/way for me but he's still a baby who ran very green last time - I personally would just like to see him being competetive and learning his trade

Was he fit and well OTB? I chucked a few quid at him yesterday and think his turn will come soon. He ran quite well yesterday although the ride wasn't fantastic.

Would have needed it Aragorn - always takes a couple of runs to straighten him out.. He stayed on well without being abused after getting caught behind a wall of horses after a terrible draw. I was in North Wales so didn't see a thing.

Back