Forum horse connections

I'ts a pity ryanair cancelled their two daily return flights to Blackpool from stanstead on June 3rd as that would have been ideal. You could have hired a car at Blackpool and driven to Cartmel.

I've searched all possibilities and so far it looks a nightmare journey, driving may be the only sensible option.

Alternatively:

1) From Amersham take the Metropolitan Line

2) Change lines at Kings Cross St. Pancras to the Victoria Line to Euston

3) Leave the train at Euston

Euston to Blackpool - change at Preston -about 2hr 50 min

Pre -hired car from Blackpool North Station to Cartmel Racecourse - about 1hr

Celebratory drink on train back to Euston.

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar is out again on Tuesday at Beverley - I haven't heard anything yet except he's recovered from his sore shins. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything positive.

Simpson Millar was withdrawn as the ground is like concrete and very rough around the inside - I expect a few more will be withdrawn throughout the day.

Quattro slipped on landing after the water when in fifth and four out looking like the winner to me. Definitely game and improving

Busy week this week, Prohibition and Diddums go to Sandown on Wednesday whilst Peachez runs on Thursday at Folkestone. More rain the better :)

He's been on another buying spree! The Beek empire grows and grows.

Hope NO PANIC is fine after his exertions at Stratford today. As always, his jumping was spot on, but having been up in the van 3/4 of the way, he faded away quietly. I noticed he was pushed into his jumps today. He seems to have done his best work on G/GF and I wonder if it was just a bit spongier than that today, hence him tiring.

Pleasing run by Prohibition who after missing the break had to be dropped out in what was a very competitive 1m handicap at Sandown last night. He got outpaced at the top of the straight and for a hand ride stayed on really well just beaten over 9L. Very pleased with the run considering he needs further and he was running in 0-80 company and almost definitely needed the run and was running from out the handicap. He was competitive at this level for Luca Cumani and William Haggas a couple of years ago before the wheels fell off, but we are certainly very happy with him and feel we can get him back to his former glories. A very pleasing run from him and he should be more than capable of winning 2 or 3 races before the season's out.

Diddums ran as Diddums does travelling nicely before finding little. He didn't over exert himself over a trip that doesn't bring out the best in him and he got little cover but he is back in good form. He is better on faster ground as well so there was plenty of confidence to be gauged from the run. He is a horse who will relish the drop in class back to a track and trip that will suit on Saturday and he'll spend the next couple of days in the paddock chilling before he goes to Lingfield on Saturday where he would have a winning chance.

Run down on all horses

Calico Cat - Seriously nice horse who is a half brother to the Group 1 winning Ibn Khaldun and Group 3 placed Memory Cloth out of the Fillies Mile winner and Classic Placed Gossamer. He had shown tremendous ability when trained by Mahmood Al Zarooni last season but having been a bit horny for his own good he was gelded on his arrival at Andre Fabre's. Due to run in March, he threw up a suspensory injury which has needed rest but his legs are now cold and hard. A cracking pedigree and a good family, the 2yo is also reported very smart by contacts within Godolphin, and he will be brought along gently. If he stays sound he could be quite useful.

Aussie Dollar - Recently arrived from Andrew Balding's and has now been gelded. He is a big horse who like most Dansili's improve with age and need give in the ground. he is a horse I really like and he has come 5th, 4th and 3rd in 3 maiden's and is rated 65. I think 7f will prove his optimum trip and he is a horse I'm looking forward to the all weather season with.

Jeeran - Jeeran blew up at Nottingham last week but ran a decent race in defeat coming home 4th looked after in the final furlong. He would certainly want slower ground and definitely needs further than the trips he has been running over. He has now been gelded and I think there are races to be won with him in the backend of the season.

Air Lion - A horse who has had his problems but is steadily coming to hand and is now a couple of months off a run. A big robust horse he is going to want the ground on the easy side but he is a likable fella and hopefully he can build on the promise he showed as a 3yo when Robert Cowell trained him.

Cuddly - Currently turned out with Stargazy as I would just like to see a bit more condition on her and give her every chance. It's going to be hard to place her off such a low rating but I'm reassured her work is of a high standard and that if we can find the key to her she will have no trouble winning races.

Clone Devil - Very disappointed with his 3 runs to date and he has been entered in Ascot Sales next month. Will give him one more try in a 7f seller at Wolverhampton next month but he shows ability at home and for whatever reason it's not translating on to the track.

Evergreen Forest - A horse who I hold in the highest regard and I think he could be a very nice staying handicapper next season. Due to head out to France next month for an allowance race and I would like him up a stone before the end of the season. If someone asked me for one to follow, this lad would undoubtedly be it. He is seriously well handicapped and probably a good stone well handicapped at present. he needs soft ground and 1m 2f +. There is a big handicap in him next season. I haven't ridden a horse as good as him since my days at Channon's and now with him over his problems I feel he will be winning races for fun in the backend of the season.

Guildenstern - Sadly Guildenstern done a serious injury to his suspensory last time at Brighton which will now put him on the sidelines for 12 months. He will need box rest for a few weeks before he can be turned out but faces a long time off.

Peachez - Peachez runs today and she seems in good form and has really come on from her last run at Ffos Las. I think this track will suit her and she is in top form. I would be very disappointed if she didn't have races in her this season and today's looks a solid opportunity for her.

Know No Fear - Freddie is back in work after his seasonal summer holiday and will be campaigned with a all weather / hurdling campaign. It is the first time he looks to have done well in himself for a break and hopefully he has a race or two in him again this winter.

Kyncraighe - Craig is currently on a break and will be changing locations this winter. I think he is a bit quirky but also well handicapped but Lambourn is a bit too busy for him. I will probably send him up to Bill Turner's or Joe Tuite's in due course.

Resplendent Alpha - A lovely horse who needed a break and I'm rather fond of him. he looks great now but I want to give him a couple more months before we start with him again. he'll win races on the all weather and is a nicely handicapped horse.

Major Eradicator - He is entered at Ascot sales next month and he is a nice horse who would make a cracking competition horse. If I can't get the money I'm looking for, he will stay with me for the all weather season but he has his problems and a life out of racing would suit him best, he jumps very well and stands near 16hh 2".

Stargazy - Save the pet till last. A bad leg injury at Folkestone saw Star's career come to an end and he is now enjoying field life. He will have an active retirement when his injury heals, and is currently enjoying his role as nanny out in the field to Cuddly.

Well done, Chris! Brilliant ride from Amy Scott just now on PEACHEZ - just hands and heels to get past hard-at-work Nicky Mackay at Folkestone, spinning off the turn up the straight and awaaay. Lovely - big 'well done' to your rider, Chris.

Sorry to hear about GUILDENSTERN and STARGAZY, but I know you'll always see your horses through to a good life out of racing.

Last edited:
Sov Debt runs again tomorrow at Newmarket 3.55. Should go very close although the trip won't be ideal I think he won at Ascot in spite of everything and he a bit in hand. If he wins this easy enough there is a chance he could go to Goodwood. I'm hoping the bookies underestimate him for a decent sized bet at a fair price.

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar has his second run in the 1:50 Carlisle - his tissue price is 66/1 which probably tells you about his chances but trainer did have an 80/1 place a couple of days ago so you never know. Personally I'd be happy to see improvement from his last run where he was very green and see him come back in one piece.

Disappointing yesterday with SD he is defo better than that and Jamie felt he ran flat maybe a case of three relatively quick runs and him going a bit weak. Should have finished 2nd but winner squeezed him right up at the end. He'll have a mini break now and he'll come back an improved horses hopefully.

Back