Forum horse connections

Chef - sorry, just saw your post! I'm at Lingfield tomorrow, trogging round with the backstage tour before first race and then doing meal break reliefs for the guy on the jockeys' door, etc., so not on the OTs desk. If you're attending, I'll be the very large woman in the black jacket with Lingfield Park on the left on Folkestone on the right of the front! Be great to say howdy if you are.

Steve - you little pedant, you. "Written on... etc." :lol:

Although having found a dainty called Fireside Fudge in TK Maxx yesterday, accommodating both courses across my avoirdupois may not be a problem...

Keep hitting the ^&&%^$£ bar !!!

4th, 3rd and 2nd in that order last night for Know No Fear, Fault and Pipers Piping.

Know No Fear is out again today in the 1.15 at Lingfield and I hope he smashes the door down and wins, I'm getting sick of all these bridesmaids !

Yup it was great to finally knock down the door and get a win with Pipers. Least they are in form and I really do love Wolves. It's been a very lucky track for me and Tom Queally is 3 from 4 when riding for me as well.

Wow - some heavy duty work for the two lads, Roddy. As always, very best wishes for clear rounds by both and, better still, a couple of rosettes!

Best of luck & hoping they & you don't need any!

I'll have a little interest money-wise, too ...

But, more importantly, here's hoping you have a good pair of performances.

The horse I part own Aim For The Stars is entered in a Maiden P2P at Barbury Castle tomorrow - providing the trainer's happy with the ground then we'll be running. Looks like we have Jacks The Lad (2nd in a Southwell HC last season), Howareyougoingon (ex-Irish Maiden) and a few others to beat but he has a decent chance and the more rain the better as he's very one paced.

Fingers crossed he doesn't make a howler at the last as he has on his other two starts for us :)

Martin

Good ground will be fine but if it gets any softer then that would be ideal - providing it's not patch we'll be laughing.

His dam won a decent race at Chepstow on soft and his brother has won quite a few points on soft/heavy and a Hunter Chase on good but could do with a decent test of stamina tomorrow and it's a long 3 miles at Barbury so that should help.

Wonderful round of jumping by BALLYVESEY to take a very good 3rd, and NO PANIC, possibly unimpressed by Aintree, hardly disgraced because the pace was relentlessly fierce in the Grand Sefton - FRANKIE FIGG's soaring leap over the water is one of the finest you'll ever see - and goes home to presumably keep to stiff birch in future.

A real treat to see good horses doing well and those who weren't enjoying it so much being sensibly eased down or PU.

Last edited:
The horse I part own Aim For The Stars is entered in a Maiden P2P at Barbury Castle tomorrow - providing the trainer's happy with the ground then we'll be running. Looks like we have Jacks The Lad (2nd in a Southwell HC last season), Howareyougoingon (ex-Irish Maiden) and a few others to beat but he has a decent chance and the more rain the better as he's very one paced.

Fingers crossed he doesn't make a howler at the last as he has on his other two starts for us :)

Martin

How did he get on Martin?

He was PU before 6 out SC - the vet will be out today as that wasn't his true running and think it might be a breathing issue but we'll see soon enough.

Winner of the race looked decent for Richard Barber and is likely to go under rules at some point with Paul Nicholls - was a 4yo called Toby Lerone for the owners of Niche Market, brother to Mr Warbucks and a few other nice enough horses in Ireland.

He was PU before 6 out SC - the vet will be out today as that wasn't his true running and think it might be a breathing issue but we'll see soon enough.

Winner of the race looked decent for Richard Barber and is likely to go under rules at some point with Paul Nicholls - was a 4yo called Toby Lerone for the owners of Niche Market, brother to Mr Warbucks and a few other nice enough horses in Ireland.

Sorry to hear, I hope alls well with him. As you know our horse Simpson Millar is on the easy list until March but we have leased Red Skipper who runs at Sedgefield tomorrow and looks to have a very good chance. Unfortunately work prevents me from attending but hoping to see a few friends in the winners circle (would be nice) - just waiting on an update after final decs.

I've found out that TRY THE CHANCE (who I co-bred and who Songsheet foaled at her farm) is bound for Singapore (ex Channon) into the care of Colin Brown for a Mr Pegum.

we have leased Red Skipper who runs at Sedgefield tomorrow and looks to have a very good chance. Unfortunately work prevents me from attending but hoping to see a few friends in the winners circle (would be nice) - just waiting on an update after final decs.

Second today at 12/1. A decent run, Chef, he deserves to win a race. Unfortunately he seems to have been up against a good thing today.

Back