Forum horse connections

Ah, presumably that was a wee bit disappointing after a good try at Ffos Las. Never mind, hopefully he's all right and not got anything wrong, and will go forwards for you, Roddy.

I'm hoping that Roddy's horse finished all right - on Atacanta it's reported that one was PU after the finish line (not among those placed), dismounted and attended by the vet. I watched the race on the Sporting Life site, as the person who saw it said it was too dark to see which horse it was, and the blasted feed goes down just as they head to the line. All of the sites (ATR, SL, RP) say exactly the same thing, with none reporting any problems. Just hope there wasn't any serious problem. Roddy's definitely appeared to hate the downhill run, along with a few others - a remarkable amount of horses reported as 'weakened' in this contest.

Copper Dock goes again at Dundalk tonight in the 6:55, 7F Open Handicap. He has been unlucky in running the last twice, is in good form and despite a very poor draw is a decent EW bet at 14/1. The favourite is being backed like it's gone bye but our fella might give him a scare with a clear run.

Copper Dock goes again at Dundalk tonight in the 6:55, 7F Open Handicap. He has been unlucky in running the last twice, is in good form and despite a very poor draw is a decent EW bet at 14/1. The favourite is being backed like it's gone bye but our fella might give him a scare with a clear run.

He has scared me a few times....

Best of Luck anyways.

Flame goes mad at Lingfield tomorrow with half the card - well, four, anyway: VITZNAU, PIPERS PIPING, RESPLENDENT ALPHA and NIBANI. Good chances all round! Let's hope one of them sees you en route to the champers again, Chris.

With RESPLENDENT ALPHA a n/r, it was down to the other three to do the honours for Flame, which NIBANI did with an oh-so-nearly-a-win, finishing a tight second.

Red Skipper entered for a seller at Musselburgh on Friday - On form he'd have a good e/way chance but not sure how he is after his temperature, hopefully will know a lot more on the morning of the race and final decs tomorrow.

Yes I saw that as a horse I have an ickle share in Red Danger Angel could be going for the bumper on the same card.

After spending a day going around the country over Christmas looking at fillies/mares (the four rather than two legged variety before OTB starts), we took delivery of our newest recruit and she passed the vet. She has just turned five and is a full sister to Master of the Hall and Featherbed Lane. Her full sister also won before being killed as a five year old. We have her on a free lease for her racing career and will begin syndicating her now. She has plenty of scope and Colm really liked her when we saw her in Galway.

Red Skipper entered for a seller at Musselburgh on Friday - On form he'd have a good e/way chance but not sure how he is after his temperature, hopefully will know a lot more on the morning of the race and final decs tomorrow.

Trainer thinks he has an excellent chance and will be disappointed if he's not in the first two - He believes the danger could be Kickahead. This should be interesting.

Last edited:
After spending a day going around the country over Christmas looking at fillies/mares (the four rather than two legged variety before OTB starts), we took delivery of our newest recruit and she passed the vet. She has just turned five and is a full sister to Master of the Hall and Featherbed Lane. Her full sister also won before being killed as a five year old. We have her on a free lease for her racing career and will begin syndicating her now. She has plenty of scope and Colm really liked her when we saw her in Galway.

Good luck with her for the future Oran

Yes I got very excited at the 3rd last but just not good enough. Another composed ride from the jockey giving him every chance. Whats it like owning / part owning a horse that wins? :D

Don't worry Chef I had to wait 5 years and then had two in just over a week!!

Bit of a lull after that until the five wins from Frank (soon to return from injury).

I see Red Skipper has been declared tomorrow,presumably he won't run again.

RDA could go to Southwell on Wednesday.

Here's a pic of our new mare. Full sister to Master of the Hall and Featherbed Lane from the family of Sound Man and Roberto Goldback. We have her on a free lease for her "racing career". If anyone is interested, 10% shares are €2,200 per annum which includes budgeted training and racing costs. This is not an all in, so if we spend less you get it back.

Attachments

• 2012-01-14 Sallders Hall ex Frankly Native (smaller).JPG
    2012-01-14 Sallders Hall ex Frankly Native (smaller).JPG
    167 KB · Views: 20
Jeysus, McCoy gives you a fair slating in his book after ye jocked him off! He even feels sorry for Barry Cash. Ye are one ruthless shower!!:lol:

Got this book for Christmas. Will look forward to this chapter. Ballycassidy used to hate him ( AP ). Soon as he saw him in the paddock his tail started to swish

McCoy also says he has no time for Jack Doyle in his book. Anybody have any interactions with this lad in the past? AP seems fairly adament that he's nobodys cup of tea in the weigh room.

Back