Forum horse connections

Elusive Fairy takes over in the Camira colours and makes her debut in the next race at Navan. She was cheaply bought but has quite an interesting pedigree. Eddie's normally need a run or two, he doesn't believe in putting a gun to their heads too soon.

A few pics of the horses on their hols.

First up is Tropical View - 5yo by Definite Article - had OCD on stifle and fractured a cannon bone. back in training yesterday

Second is Wilde At Heart - 4yo by Oscar - was ready to go before we gave him a break - a really likeable type and we are very hopeful

Finally Raise The Beat - recovering from his tendon strain - won't go back into training until September/October.

Attachments

• Tropical+View+11+June+2011.jpg
    Tropical+View+11+June+2011.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Wilde+At+Heart+11+June+2011+003.jpg
    Wilde+At+Heart+11+June+2011+003.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Raise+The+Beat+11+June+2011+001.jpg
    Raise+The+Beat+11+June+2011+001.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 22
Yes, look at those roundy tum-tums! Thanks for the pix, Cantoris - best of luck to them all to get round safely and enjoy themselves.

Love to hear the stories behind names, and RATTLE THE LATCH is charming, although presumably a bit tiresome if you were the last in and had to rattle it 15 times! Good luck there.

Guildenstern - Really should have won on Saturday but was given far too much to do and it all happened too quickly. In absolutely great order at present and for an old lad, Jesus he can buck. He looks absolutely amazing at present and he is ready to win. Goes to Wolverhampton on Monday and he would have an excellent chance if he gets in.

2.30 Wolverhampton, currently best priced 25/1.

Rattle the Latch has an entry in the maiden at The Curragh on Saturday for myself and OTB. Were keen for him to get a good look around the place as he will soon be winning big handicaps and then moping up group races there....:ninja:

Nice photos Cantoris. Excuse my ignorance, but what does OCD stand for? Surely not Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!

Not sure exactly what it stands for but it is a fragmenting of the bone. Normally happens when young horses are not particularly well looked after, their bones are weak and then you give them a spurt of minerals and supplements and the bone grows and pushes the weakness to the outside where it flakes off causing discomfort and lameness. Our last had these fragments in his stifle. Fine now. Then went and fractured his cannon bone!!

Nice photos Cantoris. Excuse my ignorance, but what does OCD stand for? Surely not Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!

Osteocondrosis (scuse my spelling - long day!!) - it usually occurs in young fast growing horses (though its not unheard of in older ones), when they are developing - its operatable on, and usually with success. :)

Last edited:
Humans get something similar too, Trudi, osteochondroma.

From what I can make out it's a spur of bone that generally just happens. Some are in places that don't cause problems or discomfort, while those that are troublesome are dealt with surgically. The irritation to soft tissues surrounding the bone would cause heat and swelling, and pain when a tendon or muscle moved over it - I suppose it would be similar to a horse throwing a splint.

Last edited:
ONE COOL CHICK at last gets off the prize money mark for the patient John Bridger yard - a 4th at Salisbury, and a stonking great £180 in the pot! Cor - what you can do with that!

Hard luck with Quattrocento there, Roddy. You were robbed! I love the horse, though, it's a real pleasure watching him jump.

Pipped by a pony! Very bad luck, but no fault of the horse - nabbed by a wee chap with some fantastic finishing speed (and I haven't looked at the weights, so maybe the winner was carrying less). But as Grey says, a pleasure to watch him jump - a real gent, too, behaving impeccably throughout.

Our new recruit

Our newest recruit. 3 year old by Presenting ex Ginger Bar. Half brother to Voice of Reason, a dual bumper winner. Cost €20k. Very pleased with him. We were underbidder for a Milan 10-15 lots earlier who is a full brother to two Alan King horses. We went to €28k but Highflyer beat us at €30k, probably going to King.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 21
It's BROWN JACK! He will be a nice big rangy boy when he's finished growing on, Cantoris. I wish you all and especially him good fortune.

good luck cantoris - not my type though tbh, but that can only mean he turns out to be good.

bonfire night out in hamburg tomorrow, handicap2

Back