Forum horse connections

great to read, grey, and will try and follow, sounds like you got a real run for your money. good luck with her, like the name too.

good luck to swedish chef / simpson millar as well!

bonfire will run in a handicap 3 in hoppegarten on saturday and is actually one of the fav´s. we are trying a new trip - 1m4f- for the first time, so not sure what to expect.

nearly more important and a cause of some excitement is the fact that our 2yo beltaine fire (aka betty) - by toylsome- is making her lifetime debut on the same card. trainers 2yo´s arent exactly flying and she will be much much better for the run, but great to get her there and very much looking forward to see her at the track.
that her doing a light work on saturday:

307994_268266819864730_182137221811024_975088_468554078_n.jpg

Our synicate horse Simpson Millar runs today 1:50 Ayr - no news yet except this is his first race since he's been gelded and apparently he's better at home than he's shown on the course so far - I personally do not see him as a soft ground horse but will post any info I get later.

is down as a non runner ?

Very exciting, Crazy, and she does look very nice indeed - quite a sharp, defined and mature look about her. Big Best of Luck for her first try!

At flipping last - a win by ONE COOL CHICK (ICEMAN-BARRANTES) bred by Songsheet and myself. She's 3, and after a lot of arsing about, has been placed at the right grade - Class 6 - and run at a track she enjoyed: Kempton, last night. We literally gave her away to Daphne Finch and her husband Keith, as ICEMAN tragically died from colic four days before the foal sales and, being in the heat of the recession, we were lucky to even find a free home for her. (Her companion foal/yearling, TRY THE CHANCE, has been doing considerably better and my co-breeder and I actually got the minimum bid for him - wowee!)

Anyway, a win's a win for a' that, and Daphne phoned me just before the end of MIDSOMER MURDERS to tell me they were enjoying their celebratory fizz. Buggered-up the end of the show, but worth it!

Was coming on to say that our syndicate horse Violet's Gift was down to run at Wolverhampton tomorrow but just had a text to say she's lame this morning. They have a couple of other races in mind in the next few weeks so will keep you posted.

Well done kri!

Thrilled to bits with Vincitore's win at Worcester yesterday. He did it the hard way by making the running -- under pressure and seemingly beaten 4 fences from home, he battled back to the front and repelled all the challengers up the run-in. A tremendous ride from Felix I thought.

Gloss was taken off the day though with the sad death of his stable-companion Lord Jay Jay.

I’ve thrown the towel in on the owner front, but our mare Enchanted Ocean has a runner in Poland in less than half an hour. The 2yo filly Freya Mary, carrying the colours (Miller/Richards, now just Richards) of those racing legends Down To The Woods and EO.

Live link to the only race of significance being run today http://torsluzewiec.pl/

Last edited:
Fourth (but finishing after being held at the back) behind Princess Of London (who no doubt is worth backing for next year's Arc now)...:)

Well done, Roddy, Danno is very promising.

And you made it clear to all that you fancied him today, so well done in that department too.

Back