Forum horse connections

Too kind, gents! :lol: And awfully well done to everyone today. This is probably my fave thread - seeing how everyone's investments in time, money, and hope are turning out. TRY THE CHANCE has been rescheduled rather a lot since his last run, and is currently down for the 30th, but who knows where he'll be at this rate of declaring and undeclaring.

At flipping last - a win by ONE COOL CHICK (ICEMAN-BARRANTES) bred by Songsheet and myself. She's 3, and after a lot of arsing about, has been placed at the right grade - Class 6 - and run at a track she enjoyed: Kempton, last night. We literally gave her away to Daphne Finch and her husband Keith, as ICEMAN tragically died from colic four days before the foal sales and, being in the heat of the recession, we were lucky to even find a free home for her. (Her companion foal/yearling, TRY THE CHANCE, has been doing considerably better and my co-breeder and I actually got the minimum bid for him - wowee!)

Anyway, a win's a win for a' that, and Daphne phoned me just before the end of MIDSOMER MURDERS to tell me they were enjoying their celebratory fizz. Buggered-up the end of the show, but worth it!

missed end - brilliant news, well done and many many congratulations !!!!! HURRRAAAHHH

:):lol:

Thanks, Crazy, much appreciated. At the other end of the scale, having failed to pop her dear little head over the line first, PLACE THE DUCHESS is now off as of last Friday to a new career with Ollie Powell, a young (and, I'm informed, a really dishy) polo player. Seems he was looking in on the Lidderdales purely on spec for a new mount, having rejected a couple of others from another racing stable, and the two fell instantly in love. Things became so Hallmark Cards that his accompanying Mum said, "Ollie! You can't take her back in the car!"

Thanks, Crazy, much appreciated. At the other end of the scale, having failed to pop her dear little head over the line first, PLACE THE DUCHESS is now off as of last Friday to a new career with Ollie Powell, a young (and, I'm informed, a really dishy) polo player. Seems he was looking in on the Lidderdales purely on spec for a new mount, having rejected a couple of others from another racing stable, and the two fell instantly in love. Things became so Hallmark Cards that his accompanying Mum said, "Ollie! You can't take her back in the car!"

She'll have a wonderful time with Oli - he's previously won awards for the retraining of racehorses polo series with his ex-racers (judged on success of the ponies). He works for Will Lucas who is a former England international player. I might just end up laying against her in the home internationals!

Sovereign Debt goes in the Tattersalls Millions tomorrow. He has done well for the break and hoping he goes close. Could definitely have done with some rain but we're going to give it a go on the going. I see he's 25/1 which seems a tad on the overpriced side as he has beaten Talwar albeit on his debut but that's just opinion.

Best of luck today, Kauto, I hope you win a nice slice of that big prize fund, it looks a distinct possibility.

Unfortunately SD hated the Rowley Mile more than the fast ground yesterday changing his legs a few times and looking thoroughly at sea as he hit the dip. He seems none the worse for the experience and hopefully with a bit of rain somewhere we can find him a little race before the end of the year.

Our new horse Cross of Honour runs in a very competitive bumper at Carlisle tomorrow. Word from the yard is that he has the ability to win a bumper on a galloping track. I believe Carlisle fits that description.

The best of luck, I hope your fellow goes well. It looks a decent enough race, but maybe not as intimidating as it looks on paper.

Ebanour was a talking horse last spring on account of his classy pedigree and won easily enough on his debut. Connections decided in the end not to send him to the Cheltenham bumper, but they had it in mind for him. It remains to be seen just how good he is.

Anna's Arch has won two bumpers, no mean feat, but the RPR for the second win looks to be at least 8lbs too high. (Has anyone else noticed a certain tendency to grade inflation in recent months for bumper RPRs?)

It looks a decent enough race, but maybe not as intimidating as it looks on paper.

That's what I'm hoping as well!

The race provides an interesting mix but I'll be happy enough if we come 3rd behind the two obvious form horses.

According to today's Post, Kauto was unsuccessful when underbidder on some seriously expensive lots at Newmarket Sales yesterday. Any luck today, Kauto?

According to today's Post, Kauto was unsuccessful when underbidder on some seriously expensive lots at Newmarket Sales yesterday. Any luck today, Kauto?

He bought a full sister to Needwood Blade yesterday though Tom Goff signed the ticket. There's a rather nice if a little caustic mention in the TDN about the under bidding on the Montjeu and the New Approach!

...the ambitious upstart was put in his place as he finished underbidder to one of the game's established heavyweights, who sealed the colt at 520,000gns. "We got excited about a Montjeu colt earlier on, dreaming of the Derby and all that, but Mr.Magnier gave me slap and put me back in my box" he quipped.

Last edited:
Back