Forum horse connections

Good luck to Roddy with Minella Daddy in the first today. See RM has been taken out. Would have thought this distance and course would have suited down to the ground.

They think they've found Myska's problem and this will hopefully be sorted by a small operation in the summer. In the meantime she's pencilled in to run at Punchestown with a tongue tie as a temporary fix.

I see Ladweb won today - I'm sure he's owned by someone on here?

As DG has said there's a few of us involved in him.

Delighted to get him back on track after a frustrating 2015.

As it was an apprentices race we can run him without a penalty and off the same mark until Saturday, hence why he will try and follow up at Donny on Friday.

Our syndicate's horses, Cornborough (4.30 Saturday Haydock) and Cape Hideaway (4.50 Sunday Thirsk) are both well fancied for at least a place this weekend. Mark Walford says he thought they would run much better than they did in their last engagements but he thinks they disappointed because they needed the run. He thinks the ground will suit in both cases and, although the races are both competitive, he is very hopeful.

Back in the saddle next week. Rolling Maul goes to Exeter on 3 May and Minella Daddy to Haydock on the 7th . I will be there if anybody is about, be glad to buy you a drink

Myska ran in a crossed noseband at Punchestown. It seemed to keep her tongue from flipping until she moved up to challenge on the turn for home but then the breathing problems resurfaced and she could only plug on for fourth. The operation is into 4 figures and is only a fifty fifty chance of success so Willie says to send her back to be a broodmare and what Willie says goes. She's given us some fun and won back about half her season's cost in prize-money. Supreme are just leasing her full sister so I may go down that route.

Sorry to hear that archie, btw are you involved with Avant Tout ?
Cheers DG. No, not in Avant Tout but wish I was. Second highest rated 6yo chaser in Ireland and very promising.

I hope this isn't seen as spam (feel free to delete) but, if anyone is interested in Supreme Horse Racing, these are the current offerings.
http://supreme-horse-racing.com/horses-for-sale/
They are usually amenable to doing smaller shares than 5% particularly if it's a way of getting in someone new.

Good luck whatever you do next, archie.

Thanks for putting up the link, it's interesting info. I like the look of that Shirocco fella, On The Jump, I wonder why he didn't cost more.

Good luck whatever you do next, archie.

Thanks for putting up the link, it's interesting info. I like the look of that Shirocco fella, On The Jump, I wonder why he didn't cost more.
Thanks Grey. On The Jump was bought for 20000 euro as an unbroken 3yo at the Land Rover Sales last year. Unlike some clubs, Supreme don't seem to add on a premium and the horse's cost reflects the auction price plus other costs involved in purchase such as transport and vetting. I think the monthly charges only started when he came into pre-training.

Last edited:
One of the horses I have a leg in won at Northaw the other day - Mister Serious, he's been frustrating as he's been running well without winning but he's now won his last two having won at Fakenham the other week and is likely to head to the sales.

The other P2Per I'm involved with we're hoping to run at Fontwell next Thursday evening so fingers crossed for him too.

Martin

Back