Forum horse connections

Airlie Beach declared for the Galway Hurdle. Paul T on board although Ruby said it was a tough choice between her and Max Dynamite.

She's fit, well and on a very fair mark. It's a purely personal view that 2 miles at Ballybrit may be a bit sharp and that she'll certainly need a breather during the race. If she can settle behind Henry's horse rather than battle him for the lead, there's every chance that she'll run on up the hill.

Nicely done, Roddy.

Airlie couldn't have given any more. Almost as if Paul looked in here to pick up his riding instructions. Based on the Punchestown time/form, I thought that she had 3 or 4lb in hand on her official mark but you need more than that in the big handicaps.

I agree, Airlie was not especially well handicapped. Being in foal might have been significant in helping her run so well.

Roddy, your horses are certainly rolling and mauling at the moment. I hope the run continues.

Madurai declared in the 3 miler at Galway tomorrow. Also a declared reserve in the 2m6f handicap today and 3 have come out so we may well run. The trip should suit but the going may not.

Two runners tomorrow for our syndicate - Oliver's Gold at Cartmel - he was pulled up l/t/o because the saddle slipped badly - he's in good form but the ground is soft which he hasn't acted on yet and probably wont tomorrow if he runs.

At Redcar we have Cornborough running bt he wants soft in the ground but the current going is g/firm. If there is plenty of rain overnight and tomorrow and the going changes to anything with soft in it he would have a sneaky e/way shot at a price.

Olivers gold back on the flat running at redcar again off 48..last ditch attempt

Olivers gold back on the flat running at redcar again off 48..last ditch attempt

To be honest Giggsy he should hack-up off this mark but he just doesn't know how to win on the flat. This race was chosen to keep him ticking over as nothing suitable over jumps at the moment. However, I will back him just in case.

Good old rolling maul .8/1 Christ, roll on the cesarewich

Well done Roddy. The handicapper may well give you enough to get in if it were next week. He has beat two 3yo giving them the allowance and the old stick Grumeti was 20odd lengths away in 4th.

Back