Galway Festival 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I think (& thought) Irish racing was farcical, but got drawn into looking at cards by the amount of posts on here. 6/1 seemd too good to be true so more fool me. If he doesn't get a ban, it's fair to say Irish racing is best avoided.

After Carberry's effort on Psycho at Cheltenham, I suppose you gave up betting on UK racing too?

Carberry is annoying when he leaves his mounts a lot to do and gets it wrong. It is a high risk strategy and you need to be on the top of your form to get it right.

The other point about Galway is that that finishing hill is severe, especially on the chase course yesterday where the rails were dolled out and they had to go wide around the last bend. The horses in front slowed up completely.

Galway Races Day 2 Tips from Galway Bay Fm Local radio station : 5.05 London Bridge, 5.35 Muirhead, 6.10 Rainforest Magic and Dusty Trail, 6.45 Boynagh Joy and Stunning View, 7.15 Shamooda (nap), 7.45 Toufan Express and Iron Major, 8.15 Catch the Eye. They only had one winner yesterday (6.10 Riviera Poet 2/1) and are hoping for a bit better today

Current weather
Broken clouds
Temperature: 16°C expected to reach 20°C later on
Wind: North-Northwest, 11.1 km/h

Galway Races Day 3 Tips from Galway Bay Fm Local radio stationtips: 3.00 Galileos Choice, 3.35 Memories of Milan, 4.10 Presenting Nama, 4.45 Mutasharef, 5.25 (Galway Plate) Majestic Concorde (nap), 6.00 Beauthea, 6.35 A Word Apart, 7.10 Font of Wisdom

they had 4 winners yesterday

My cousin sold El Gran Torino 2 weeks ago and he runs for the first time for Tony Martin in the next. Hopefully he does the business. Very honest horse that deserves to get his head in front!

Wonder what price The Real Article goes off at tomorrow? Have backed him in all but one of his races to date

He won't be a popular winner, though, which might influence his price.

But apart from Pipe's runner I can't see what else is likely to shorten. Street Entertainer is bringing a rating into this from the Irish handicapper rather than a UK one, which normally would be higher.

Galway Bay FM Sports
Day 4 Ladies Day Tips : 1.50 Traffic Article e/w, 2.25 Black Jack Blues (nap), 3.00 Casela Park e/w, 3.35 Core Element e/w, 4.10 Tavern Times, 4.50 (Galway Hurdle) Hidden Universe e/w and Street Entertainer e/w, 5.30 Johnnys Legacy, 6.05 Cairdin.

Local radio station tips

I have backed Dash Back in the next. Has a good chance of picking up a place, and if there is a shock and the Weld horse doesnt perform I may get lucky.

I just noticed Sheikh Mohammed colours on one of Dermot Welds tomorrow - excuse my ignorance but how long has he been sending runners to Irish trainers to run in his own colours?

I just noticed Sheikh Mohammed colours on one of Dermot Welds tomorrow - excuse my ignorance but how long has he been sending runners to Irish trainers to run in his own colours?

Halford had one last year, Gearoid knows the one, think it was Casamento, done savagely well with it to win a group 1.....think he has more this year.Oxx has some, so has Weld....dont know if he has them with anyone else.

Back