Grand National

Surely Balthazar King has zero chance of staying? Loved it for a circuit last year but went out like a light.

Surely Balthazar King has zero chance of staying? Loved it for a circuit last year but went out like a light.

I'd love to see his jockey win it. Tidal Bay would be another pleasing result.

But my money is on Triolo d'Alene and a few crumbs on Quito De La Roque.

i'd love to see BK win it as he's an absolute legend of a horse who's won me a fair bit of money over time but i couldn't have him for this. backed him last year and he faded fast on the 2nd circuit.

I'd love to see BK get it done. Winning 2.65k from a €3 Lucky 15 always brings a year to my eye :D

Last edited:
Stuck my £50 bet thanks to frontrunner for winning the cheltenham tipping comp on the oldest horse in the field, tidal bay 25 e/w.

Also gone for the other senior citizen in the field, lion na bearnai at 40/1.
Hope all come home safe and sound.

Having spent the last hour or so reading as many National threads as I could tolerate on various forums, I'm going to actually post on this one. :)

Mr Moonshine EW 33's.

Only a token 100 just to say I got involved. After the race, I'll probably be wishing I'd bought shares in a poker wizard instead. :)

Having spent the last hour or so reading as many National threads as I could tolerate on various forums, I'm going to actually post on this one. :)

Mr Moonshine EW 33's.

Only a token 100 just to say I got involved. After the race, I'll probably be wishing I'd bought shares in a poker wizard instead. :)

:lol:

I agree with this. When the Grand National was labelled a lottery by many, because of the falls, the drama, the thrill of it, it never was a lottery. Half the field could be discounted. What has been done to the National is to turn it into a lottery, while increasing the quality of the horse has to be seen as a success. There does appear to be fewer horses this year who are using the Grand National as the last chance saloon for a horse handicapped to the hilt.

Pineau de Re will win though. That or The Rainbow Hunter.

Get of my f**king thread.

Fingers crossed for jockeys and horses. Refused, one taken out...great race.

The 2 top weights just cannot go unbacked as far as im concerned
Double Seven and Alfie Sherrin
And will probabley still back Pinea de rea, just have a nagging feeling the Pertemps may have taken too much out of him.

Didn't back it :(

alvarado and chance du roy (if he's got 5th, conflicting reports) making it a slightly profitable race for me

what a run by balthazar. legend.

Nearly threw my laptop through the television when Across the Bay got carried out - you could see it happening before they even reached the bend, jockey wasn't aware of it at all.

And yes I am talking through my pocket, he was my sweepstake horse in work :)

alvarado and chance du roy (if he's got 5th, conflicting reports) making it a slightly profitable race for me

what a run by balthazar. legend.

My first impression was CDR got 5th but tv said Rocky Creek

The Tullow Tank, Our Conor and now this. Barry Connell will top himself.

Don't forget the good horse in Aintree a few years back too. Even bloody Mossey Joe couldn't win for him. He'll get what he deserves eventually

Back