Horses to Follow

And Moore a disgrace for failing to get blatant non staying grade 1 12f home over 12f. Winner was comfy
Never ceases to amaze how many on here are better jockeys than Ryan Moore! :lol:
For whatever reason, (and to my cost) Pink Dogwood disappointed yesterday but, as full sister to an Irish Derby winner, beaten only a neck in an Epsom Oaks run at a more solid pace than yesterday's edition, and holding an Irish Leger entry, I'd seriously doubt lack of stamina was the problem.

Think of she had the stamina for 12f, she wouldn't have faltered so poorly yesterday having made her challenge alongside Fleeting. That and her flattening out in the final furlong at Epsom is enough for me to pigeonhole her as as fully needing to prove she stays 12f (at gp1 level) regardless of pedigree.

Wouldn't claim to know more than either but if they came back after yesterday saying that she needs a step up in trip, I'd be very concerned. She is in the Irish leger but also in the matron over a mile. Nassau the best option for me. She has been very busy though

Two horses caught my eye today and both are down to run at goodwood.
Growl who is seriously well hcapped now.(stewards cup) 20/1
And
Baltic Baron (golden mile)33/1 2nd today giving the winner about 2 stone and I dont think he tried too hard.

Red Tea

Though this mare won races when over here for a couple of smaller trainers, she has improved lengths since under the care of Joseph O'Brien in Ireland. Winning a Group 2 and then a close up 3rd in a French G1,and think the 6 year old could have a couple of big pay days this autumn.

Ran a shocker in last place!

But tomorrow is at Ascot [2pm] where her best form has been...so each way @ 18-1 BOG

Disappointing run after being weak in the market and going well 2f out

Would like to see her on the turf now

Back